TSSuperTrend challeng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSSuperTrend challeng

I'm trying to use the TSSuperTrend indicator in an automated strategy. The code is:
    if (Close[0] > TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.HMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.Adaptive).Down Trend[0])
    the error message is that TSSuperTrend() is not valid in the given context.
    Can anyone give me a suggestion as how to make it valid? I've seached posts and it seems many people have issues generating a strategy with this particular indicator.

While we unfortunately not really familiar with the custom indicator you employ here, I believe for the utility used you would need a using directive in the top section of your strategy code -

Code:

using TSSuperTrend.Utility;
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,
      I place that suggestion in the "using" section and it still won't compile. Gives the same error. Any further suggestions?
      Last edited by RickStevenson1; 09-17-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

In the top region of the script above the Namespace declaration, you see other using directives as well listed there...

Comment

Sorry, Bertrand I was editing my reply just as you sent yours. I realized my mistake and placed that in the "Using Declarations" section and got the same error message. Any suggestions?

Comment

Unfortunately not then Rick, you may try using velocity's export from the thread below that would simply allow you to access the trend states from the wizard - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...t=11844&page=8

Comment

Thank you Bertrand,
              The trend states you mention seem to have been updated in later versions of this indicator. The problem still remains. I've seen several posts through the thread you refered me to that state the same problem without any answers. Is there anyone out there that has an answer to this issue of this indicator not working in a strategy? I've emailed TradingStudies.com a few times and have not received a response. Help from anyone on what "TSSuperTrend() is a method, which is not valid in the given context" means, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately we are not familiar with this indicator or why this would be the case. You would need to contact the indicator developer directly for more information on this. I will leave this thread open if anyone else has any experience with this and would like to post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin