Hang Seng hang up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang Seng hang up

My dom doesn;t show any data for the HSI at all. What do I need to do to get it?

First thing to check is to ensure that you have a market data subscription for this exchange. If you do, when you connect and request data, are you seeing any error message in the Log tab of the Control Center window?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, log says that the instrument is not supported. i use esignal, and it is ok there

Comment

I just made a trade on HSI (via IB), the price ladder looked ok, the data feed was good. I bought HSI, saw the trade go through and TWS shows I got 1 contract of HSI. However, the SuperDOM nor the Positions Window on IB did not show the position, hence, I couldn't close it out.

I had to close it out through TWS. Am I missing something?

Comment

Hello:

Thank you for posting.

If your position for the HSI does not appear within TWS, then the position will not be reported with NT.

This occurs since NT acts like a radio receiver in that we can only display the information reported from TWS. If TWS does not report, then NT cannot display the information as well.

As per the eSignal datafeed not supporting the Hang Seng, you must contact your datafeed and request this exchange be added to your datafeed subscription.

Best regards,
          RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWS did show I had the position but NT did not report it as such. I had to close down and restart NT before it showed up. Kinda strange.

Comment

Hi:

Thank you for the clarification.

That is interesting as we have had no other reports.

Please ensure that you are running IB TWS Standalone version 875 and the current release of NT 6.0.1000.5

If this is re-producible, I would request your traces/logs be sent from NT Control Center > Help > Mail to Support and ensure that 'Zip and attach trace and log files' is checked.

You may reference this post in the email content.

Comment

OK Now Im totally confused. What is TSW? How do I get to trade the HSI using Ninja?

I use trade station and esignal, and have hsi exchange data on both what else do i need to do?
                Last edited by nelson; 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Hi Nelson:

To clarify, TWS is IB's trading application that NinjaTrader supports and connects to for order execution at IB.

As per using NinjaTrader to place live trades of the HSI contract, you must connect to one of our supported broker partners.

Tradestation can only be used as a datafeed for sim trading, not live trading. They have a proprietary platform they require you to use in order to execute live trades if they are your broker.

Please let us know if we can further assist you with this inquiry. Let me know if your intentions are to place live trades for the HSI or if you are attempting to receive data for sim trading from either eSignal or TS and cannot get NT to receive this data.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

I have a data feed from both TS and ESig. I trade live, and recently began to look at the HSI. I trade thru Mirus/Dorman, and want to add the ability to trade the HSI

Thanks

Comment

Hi Nelson:

Thank you for posting.

The HSI contract within NT is a pre-built instrument.

Please contact Mirus and verify that you are authorized to receive data for this instrument.

Then, select the HSI contract from Tools > Instrument Manager.

Best regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cls71
                      by cls71