Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up commissons

Hi,
    been trying to set up commissions to be deducted as I do each trade. Maybe the issue is how I trade, I add in and scale of out positions and then may close out all at once.

One problem I had was that I added 4 individual times, but then when closed out all, my commission rate was just charged the once for all four contracts ? I also revrse too, maybe that is the issue ?

My end of day statement are fine from the broker, I know I just probably need to tweak something on Ninja.

On a totally different thing. I'm ahead on profit, but when I try to look on the graphs and regenerate it shows a down slop :-( LOL. Is it because maybe I short/sell more ? I trade the TF
    Thanks,
    Andy

Hi,
    a little answer to my own reply, lol. I switched from Percentage to currency and some reason the chart looks a lot nicer ;-) Shows the up trend (couple of days worth:-) Not sure why the % shows down oh well.

Andy

Comment

Still issue with Commissions ?

Hi,
      I'm still having an issue with my commissions not being calculated correctly. Yesterday I closed a position with 10 contracts and one one fee was charged , showing the other 9 at $0 ?

The other day, the commission calculated for some trades was just crazy, $2.15, I now upped my commission to 5 $ just to try and get an average when it doesn't add commissions etc.

Any help appreciated. Again I scale in and out, could that be the problem when I close out all at once ?

Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

When you set up your commissions have you followed the instructions from below? If not, please follow them carefully, then execute an order in Sim mode, restart the software and generate a report for today.

Let me know if this works for you.

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader. Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.
        Commission values are used in the following order:
        • From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
        • From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
        • No value is used since none have been defined
        Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes