Results of backtest are shown as 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results of backtest are shown as 0

Hi, i don't understand why my backtesting results are shown as 0? I am connected to IB, Yahoo and Kinetic free end of day data. Is this possible to be 0 on many instruments? My criteria are not that strict.

anituchka,

First thing to check would be if there are any errors in the Control Center logs. If there was some problem evaluating the code, it would result in 0 trades.

Next would be to ensure you actually have data for the time frame you are testing. if you are testing intraday time frames, then Yahoo and Kinetick EOD would not suffice as they only provide daily bars.

If all of those check out, then you will need to evaluate your code conditions by hand against the chart to see why it is doing what it is doing. Best way to do this would be to employ the debugging techniques demonstrated here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3418
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I looked at the log, and it looks like there are no errors.

I used Yahoo, Kinetic and IB as my data providers. Is it enough to backtest?

I really hope I won't have to debug as it is too complicated really, I have no experience in programming...

Comment

If you create a chart for your desired instrument to backtest one and then add the strategy (enabeld = true) - are you seeing any changes in the reported results?

If not, please retest with the SamleMACrossover we ship per default - are you seeing trades taken as expected?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED
        by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses