Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces CPU usage

Using NT7.

Is there any additional resource drain if I take all the charts I have on a single workspace and split them up evenly over 3 workspaces then just toggle between them with hotkeys. It`s a lot more efficient than searching through a toolbar on a single workspace to find charts, but I`d like to know if there is any additional resource drain in high volume.

Thanks

Hello smeagol,

Thank you for your post.

It would not make a difference if you have the same amount of charts open in one Workspace or the same amount divided up into multiple Workspaces to toggle between.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect. Not related to this post but one other question.

I have an indicator that resets everyday at 18:00:00 as its working with all premarket trading. Resets fine from Tuesday-Friday but coming out of the weekend and leading into the Monday open its resetting later at like 21:30:00. I can`t find an `exclude weekend` option like 6.5. Please advise

Thanks

Comment

Within NinjaTrader 7 this will need to be done within the Session template. A custom Session template can be created by going to Tools-->Session Manager-->New.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Session Manager.

Comment

I apologize but there seems to be one more issue. I have 3 monitors and the charts are not remembering their position if I am off that workspace for like 10minutes or more. Even if I have them on the far left screen they may move all the way back to the main screen on the right and be minimized to the task bar. If toggling between workspaces within a minute or two they seem to hold their position.

I made a thread about my charts not holding position on NT restarts a few weeks back and there was no resolution then either. Even went as far as clean re-install. Maybe you have an idea. Could it be a setting within Vista perhaps?

Comment

I am not familiar with this issue. Please set your windows within your Workspace where you would like them positioned then go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace. Now use the same steps within all of your open Workspaces to be sure they are saved. Next toggle between your open Worksapces and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

I have saved all workspaces. On NT restart they all move everytime. Its strange because sometimes a few of the charts remember the positioning but the pattern seems random. I do have a splitter which allows me to use two monitors with one plugin to comp, wonder if that has something to do with it. Not so sure though because I also use TOS from time to time and no matter how many charts I load it always saves exact positioning after restarts as well. Of course NT is an infinitely better platform I just wish I had a solution to realigning my charts every single day.

thank you

Comment

I have saved all workspaces. On NT restart they move everytime. Its strange because sometimes a few of the charts remember the positioning but the pattern seems random. I do have a splitter which allows me to use two monitors with one plugin to comp, wonder if that has something to do with it. Not so sure though because I also use TOS from time to time and no matter how many charts I load it always saves exact positioning after restarts as well. Of course NT is an infinitely better platform I just wish I had a solution to realigning my charts every single day.

thank you

Comment

Do you happen to have access to another PC that uses additional video cards for the other monitors as apposed to a splitter?

Comment

No I do not, sorry. Best test I can offer is the ToS platform has no problem at all with position memory and unlimited amount of screens.

Restarted NT a few times with these new workspaces and its pretty much a complete reset of the layout positioning each time. While logged on after I readjusted the entire layout for each workspace it usually holds with the occasional chart switching to another screen. Tried to play with the `always on top` setting doesnt seem to affect anything.

Besides this I had another strange error right now. Everything has been running perfectly between the workspace and once the market opened I closed my pre-market workspace and tried to re-open it about 15 minutes later. I got the following error msg in the log:

error on loading chart data for "CL 11-10",socket error: 10054 (wsaeconnreset)

Following this I got a msg saying NT needs to shut down, clicked ok and the msg would keep reappearing withe NT locked up. Had to force shutdown, restarted and everything is working fine besides the monitor positioning thing. I did not try to close a workspace and reopen it again right now, rather not deal with that again if possible.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                    8 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bill2023  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes