where does the data feed come from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where does the data feed come from

Could someone clarify for me please! I am and have been using NT for 18 months now without any real problems, now I have a serious problem, unresolved for over a week now, NOTE this is not an NT problem, that we have established. The problem is identical with 6.5 and 7 except now it has got worse, the loading data window has been hanging around for over 35 mins now.

Can you tell me What route the zenfire data feed takes, does it come direct or is it routed thru another server ie: Broker.
    This might be a silly question but what exactly do the brokers do? What purpose do they serve? Sorry this question would be more appropriate for Traders Laboratory.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

If you dont mind me asking do you have a ticket number or previous thread where you diagnosed this was not an NT problem. As this could be an issue with NinjaTrader in all honesty, and I would like to do what is possible to get you back up and running.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Mathew. chapter 367124

Hi Brett. Previous ticket is Mathew. 367124 and Kyle. We have uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled I have also downloaded NT 7 only to experience the same thing, but worse.

I have contacted zenfire but they have yet to respond. This problem materialized after zenfires maintenance last weekend (11-12th) and an upgrade to 6.5 V17 from 6.5 V16.

Thanks for your optimisim, but an answer to my question would help me a lot I need to work back thru the feed to find out where the blockage is

Comment

Hello,

I have revied that ticket.

The last response says where were back up and running with no issue. Are you saying that you are now having issues again?

Are you still using your oringinal database do you know? As Matt made you rename the database however it looks like you may have reveresed the procedure.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Brett

Yes I do have the problem again, the respite lasted about 30 mins before it returned. But I used a clean install of V17, new database etc. I also installed NT 7 an did not import the V17 data the install was virgin, no previous influences, I tried to open a 1min chart with 1 days data, in NT 7 it didn,t load after 30 mins, so I gave up and opened V17. I reduced the lookback to 3 days on a 5min and 15 min 6E charts and a 15 min ES chart, before I connected via control centre to zenfire, they eventually loaded. The problem got worse when I tried to change the 15min ES chart to 6C, after 40 mins I gave up and had to use task manager to close down.

I have checked this forum and you have not been able to solve this one since 2008. This is the response that you end up giving in most of the posts of this nature.

Your network speed and connection status along with the amount of data you're trying to load will have a direct impact on the time it takes for your charts to load. If these load times are not acceptable to you, you need to reduce the amount of data that you're requesting.

Per the disconnections, common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
          • ISP issues
          • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
          • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
          • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
          • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime (not the case here)

The reason for not being able to solve this is: That in most of the cases NT was not at fault, and both Matt and Kyle believe this and so do I.

I have eliminated internet connection problems. I am running Vista. Which leaves Broker/market data server. Hence my question, which I wouldn,t have to ask here if I could get a response from Zenfire!

Comment

Hello,

Ok understood seems like everything has been tried software wise.

Here would be a quick test:

Please disable historical data enabled with the steps I have provided below.

• Disconnect
            • Tools
            • Account Connections
            • Select your connection
            • Change
            • Next
            • Historical Data-->Disabled
            • Next
            • Next Finish
            • Reconnect

Let me know if you are able to get live data in the charts with no issues for all your charts. You will not get historical data at this point however this is to verify if its the historical data or the live zenfire feed that is giving you issues.

Also, Zenfire doesnt actually provide the Historical Data. NinjaTrader does and provides this Zenfire Historical Data as a value added service for Zenfire customers.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

You are a Genius!!!!!

You are a GENIUS. ALL MY CHARTS LOAD INSTANTLY. As I have historical data stored that explains why I am getting several days worth of data showing on the charts, except on YM which I have not opened for months and is therefore only showing the current bar. Is that what you expected.?

Comment

Hello,

Yes this is what I expected. So at this point the issue is not with Zenfire it is with Connecting to the NinjaTrader Historical data servers.

If you have already treid unblocking firewalls for the following ports and insuring that no routers are interfering with this. Then you will need to purchase historical data from another data feed provider such as the ones listed below to see if this will work around your historical data issue.

DS1 - 64.202.118.132
                DS2 - 64.202.118.144
                DS3 - 64.202.118.179

It will use port # 31654.

I have included information below on how to obtain discounted rates and free trials from the following datafeed providers.

Kinetick, preffered data feed service for NinjaTrader 7:
                www.kinetick.com
                Barchart.com (subscriptions starting at $45/monthly):

IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users.

eSignal promotional rate for NinjaTrader clients:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Sorry

Hi Brett, I was too hasty, what I did not notice was that the last data entry on my charts was for 18.03 it is now 18.47 and there has been no further data come in? nothing is showing up in the super dom either no prices nothing, completely blank.

Comment

Just noticed that my bar timer is showing all 0´s as if I was disconnected.

Comment

Hello,

Then you have an issue with connecting to even the Zenfire connection.

Have we tested your account on our side with your username and password?

Comment

I have just re enabled historical data and now the bar timer is working again and so is the super dom and the price is active on the charts.

Comment

Hello,

Please test again without historical data enabled. As there was a Zenfire issue that was just no resolved that could have been interfeiring with our test. Let me know if you get live data. Please test this live data for an hour and make sure that you do not lose connection.

Let me know your results.

Comment

I have disabled historical data, shut down, opened back up and we are back to where we were. bar timer now stuck on 05.13 and no prices showing in super dom, blank ladder

Comment

There obviously is still a zenfire issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Tim-c
                              by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM