Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarColor

Support,

In ninja-7, when multiple indicators are loaded, it supposed to process the 1st indicator which is loaded 1st and then 2nd indicator and then 3rd,..etc. Is that correct?

I noticed,that if in 1st indicator BarColor is set to red,2nd indicator BarColor is set to Green, and 3rd indicator it is set to Orange,..it supposed to color the bar as per the last indicator and color the bars as Orange, instead I noticed, it is coloring the Bar as per 1st indicator Green. Also, I noticed same behavior with "CandleOutlineColor". Is this a bug you think?

--
    mmtrader

Hello,

I confirmed this on my end. It seems to be inverted meaning you would need to change your add indicator order. I will check to see if this is expected.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

I confirmed this on my end. It seems to be inverted meaning you would need to change your add indicator order. I will check to see if this is expected.
      Thanks for confirming at your end. Looks like a bug, as ninja supposed to process the 1st loaded indicator 1st.

--
      mmtrader

Comment

Support/Brett,

Can you please confirm that this is a bug in ninja 7.

Thanks
        mmtrader

Comment

Hello,

Still havnt heard back from development. Will let you know when I hear back.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Development could not confirm this and even now I'm having trouble duplicating this.

Can you still duplicate this? As it is working as expected now on my side.

If so what chart settings, instrument and expiry and session template are you using on the chart that this occurs on?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett,

Did you retry it on beta 22? may be its fixed on beta 22?

It appears on any chart, for example create a new 1 min ES 24 hour chart with the 3 indicators. Need to create a new chart for this to happen.

Hope ninja team can fix this bug.

--
              mmtrader

Comment

Hello,

I tried creating a new chart and testing again and it worked fine again, I am on Beta 21.

Can you please send an example strategy where this occurs on by uploading here or sending it to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

As currently I'm unable to duplicate with 2 simple scripts. One named BarColor1 with:

BarColor = Color.Blue;

and another BarColor2 with:

BarColor = Color.Orange.

When I add BarColor1 first then add BarColor2 and click apply the bar color is Orange.

Comment

Brett, please add a 3rd indicator with BarColor = Color.Green and load it last, and see if it works. It should take the last indicator color, if its working correctly. Also same problem with CandleOutlineColor.

If you not able to reproduce it after addign the 3rd indicator on a new 1 min ES chart, please let me know.

Thanks
                  mmtrader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Hello,

I tried creating a new chart and testing again and it worked fine again, I am on Beta 21.

Can you please send an example strategy where this occurs on by uploading here or sending it to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

As currently I'm unable to duplicate with 2 simple scripts. One named BarColor1 with:

BarColor = Color.Blue;

and another BarColor2 with:

BarColor = Color.Orange.

When I add BarColor1 first then add BarColor2 and click apply the bar color is Orange.

Comment

Hello,

Color that is displayed is green. Which is expected.

I believe that I had reproduced this on my side at first however I can no longer reproduced and not sure what changed. If you can still produce can you please send your phone number to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put attn: brett in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DynamicTest  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh