Some Yahoo symbols not loading in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Yahoo symbols not loading in Market Analyzer

Hi, I've added some Yahoo to Market Analyzer, but the data isn't loading. Please have a look at the attached screenshots. I know some of the symbols in my list are wrong, but 888.L, ABF.L, ADN.L, AHT.L all show up as correct in Yahoo but won't load. The strange thing is some quotes load in my list, some don't, but I've added them to my list in the same way.

If I load up the symbol in the instrument editor, the link to yahoo works, but the data still won't load (pls see screenshot 3)

Could someone provide some help please?

Thank you

Peter
    Attached Files

Hello themaxx,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that "all show up as correct in Yahoo but won't load"? From the screen shot you attached, I can see the ABF.L has Last Priced listed and it displayed correctly. Please note that Yahoo only provides end-of-day data, so you will not see these prices update in real-time.

In reference to screenshot 3, this URL is just a point of reference as to where you originally looked up the instrument specifications. There is nothing in NinjaTrader that loads from this URL.

You should make sure that you have the correct symbol name typed in the "Misc" tab of the instrument editor. Under the section "Symbol Mapping" you will need to type the symbol in next to the Yahoo field. (i.e., for the ABF.L symbol, it would need to be Yahoo...ABF.L)
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew - apologies that I wasn't clear.

What I was trying to say was I'm 100% sure that I am using the correct yahoo symbol code, but the instrument is still not loading in ninjatrader.

I have made sure that I have the correct symbol name typed in the "Misc" tab of the instrument editor (see attached screenshot).

I have inserted the correct yahoo symbol (ABF.L), but it wont load. The other instruments that aren't loading in the screenshot are also all checked and correct in the misc tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

themaxx,

Please send a note to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with 'ATTN: Matthew' in the subject line.

Please include a reference to this thread and your log and trace files attached to the email.

These files can be located under (My) Documents:

1. Trace files are located in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\Trace\trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
        2. Log files are located in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\Log\log.YYYYMMDD.txt

The files for today should be labeled .20100923.txt. If you are using NinjaTrader 7, the files would be located under the same path, except you would use NinjaTrader 7 instead of 6.5
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post lorem
        by lorem

Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
        0 responses