Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire Vs Kinetick T&S Anomalies

Hi

I have been seeing some anomalies on the Time and Sales. Initially I noticed that Tradestation & Ninja were showing different conditions (at ask, at bid).

On both platforms I have trades at or above ask as green and trades at or below bid as red.

On investigation, it appears that Tradestation and Ninja + kinetick are in synch. On the other hand, Tradestation and Zenfire are way out of synch. In fact, on the ES, this is happening consistently every few seconds.

Now - just because Tradestation & Kinetick are the same, I would say it's possible that they are both wrong.

Here's a sample from a few minutes ago:

Ninja + Zenfire

Tradestation/Ninja + Kinetick

Bright minds will see 09:01 on one screen and 10:01 on the other. That's because one PC is set to EST & the other isn't. You'll have to trust me that these pics aren't taken an hour apart as an elaborate hoax.

You can see the ticks at 10:01:08 for 100 and 50 contracts are at ask on Tradestation & Kinetick but at bid on Zenfire.

How do I get to the point where I know which is correct ?

This is fairly important to me as it effects the final setup I move to away from Tradestation.

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

NinjaTrader determines the location of the last trade relative to the bid/ask based on the sequence that the bid/ask/last data arrives from the source to your local PC.

If for example we receive:

Ask 1000
    Bid 1001
    Last 1001

The T&S would mark the last as being at the bid price. Due to variances in feeds, it is possible that you will see a trade marked differently when comparing one feed to another. The only way to get around this is if the relative position of the last trade to bid/ask was marked at the exchange and this data was propograted through to your desktop via all market data feed/broker feeds...This unfortunately is not a reality.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK - on the times.

I am in Bangkok. One PC is local time, one PC is EST. The year in Thailand is 2553, this is what shows on a Thai O/S. 2553 Thai = 2010 Western.

As for the data. Ray - why do you think that Tradestation and Ninja + Kinetick are perfrectly in synch yet Ninja + Zenfire shows differences every few seconds. This occurs when I run Ninja + Zenfire on the same PC as the Tradestation feed too.

I understand how you say this works but I don't understand why Zenfire is so different.

The issue comes to a head if you are tape reading and looking for people to initiate market orders on one side of the market. Obviously if at that time, you are seeing a large percentage of trades on the wrong side, you are likely to make the wrong decision.

Can't you guys run this there and see if you get the same thing ?

Comment

Sorry about the prior responses (that I removed) that discussed timestamps as a cause. Timestamps have no influence in what you are seeing. You will get different results from different feeds thus there is no need for a test.

Comment

I understand what you are saying but Kinetick & Tradestation are totally in synch. This isn't a case of 3 feeds giving different results but 2 feeds giving the same results, 1 feed giving different results and me not being able to make an informed choice on whether to go for a broker like Mirus (free data) or stick with IB/Kinetic (better data?). I would like to drop Tradestation if possible.

Ninja data is very different to the point it appears to be wrong.Although I will concede the possibility that the other 2 platforms are wrong in exactly the same way.

Now - if all 3 platforms showed different results, I could understand your lack of concern. The fact is that Tradestation & Kinetick apppear to have no synch issues (or they have the same synch issue)

I'd appreciate your assistance because I am a tape reader, the at ask or at bid shows who initiated the trade. This is very important if you are using this information to get on the right side of the market. If I am looking for a series of market buy orders, I'm not going to see this if the DOM/T&S is way out of synch.

Ultimately, I'm looking for the best quality feed with Ninja, the one with the most accurate tape.

Comment

Please send an email to our support marked attention "RayD" and reference this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes