Data will not load in replay mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data will not load in replay mode

I am using Ninja Trader version 7.0.0.20. I have a problem playing my replay files. To see the data that is available, I go to Available Data on the replay slider. I select a date and time that is within the L1 Begin and End period.

I start the replay. No new data loads on my chart. I have a lot of replay files but right now I can't access any of them.

Also, I've downloaded replay files using the utilities function. With these files, I can only use minute charts. I am unable to get data for any other chart type.

I would appreciate some help.

Hello ladytrader,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please right mouse click within the Market Replay Controller and select Available instruments. Please check the time the L1 data is available. Next please press play and scroll the controller slider to the date and time when the data was available. If you still do not receive data in your chart please let me know if you see data within the Orders tab of the Control Center.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I do not see data within the Orders tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Please move your Market Repay Controller to a time when the market is active, lets say 10:00 AM EST and let me know if data then populates for the instrument you have downloaded data for.

Comment

The data populates if I start my replay at a later time as you suggested. If I try to use any of the replay files I imported from NT 6.5, they do not work even at a later time.

Comment

Are these files that were migrated from NinjaTrader 6.5 upon startup of NinjaTrader 7 or did you manually move these files?

If you manually moved these files this is not supported. Please delete any Market Replay files you moved manually then download new replay data under File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data.

Comment

That might explain it. I made a mistake while I was doing the last update and ended up restoring a backup.

I'll have to download new replay data.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

I have a different problem with the new data I downloaded through the Utilities function. I downloaded a file on September 24, 2010 for ES 12-10. I downloaded level 1 and level 2 data.

I use the static SuperDom. The only price that moves is the last traded price in the price column. The prices in the Buy and Sell column do not move as the price changes. At one point, the last traded price was below both buy and sell prices on offer.

How can I get level 2 data to work with the static SuperDom?

Comment

I have tested this on my end and cannot reproduce the issue you are experiencing. Please download this Market Replay data again and be sure to check "Download available L2 data".

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

I deleted the file and downloaded it again. I made sure to select level 1 and 2. The problem is still there.

Comment

I changed the session template to default 24/7 and it temporarily fixed the problem. Then, when I restarted the replay file at 7:33am the problem is still there.
                      Last edited by ladytrader; 09-25-2010, 03:15 PM. Reason: correction to previous post

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jeronymite