Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt hogging system resources

Hi,

I have been using the NT software for about 3 months now. So far, it is worked beautifully. Today for some odd reason, it completely slowed down and starting using 50% of my CPU power whenever I tried to load or move a chart. Usually, it uses 5%-10%. If I am not trying to do anything in NT, the CPU load drops down to 0%-3% but as soon as I try to do something, it zips up to 50%. The charts take anywhere from 10-25 seconds to load and when you move a chart on the screen it leaves trails. I believe the memory usage is the same but I can't recall. Currently it is at 262,228K. I rebooted the NT and the computer. After that didn't help, I upgraded from 7.20 to 7.21. No difference. I only have one workspace open. I will re-boot again but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem. I talked to a buddy who uses NT and he said his was fine today.

Thanks for any help,
    Joshua

Hello Joshua,

Did you import any new NinjaScript files yesterday or where there any other changes in NinjaTrader?

I have not seen any similar reports that as of yesterday memory usage of NinjaTrader increased greatly.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, no scripts. I changed nothing. Last night it wouldn't shut down, I had to go to task manager after 20mins to "end process". Super strange because the platform has been rock solid for a few months. Is there a way to delete all the files on my computer and re-install it. I thought I did that when I installed version .21 but maybe not. Before installing .21, I used the add/remove windows program to remove ninja and I deleted the program file as well. Is there something else I need to delete? It's not even starting up properly. It's taking about 10 mins to fully load. I only have 9 charts open and the control center. The one chart window that I usually look at different stocks in, takes about 25 secs to load the chart and the CPU spikes to 50%.

Comment

You can completely uninstall/re-install NinjaTrader 7 as per the instructions below. Please note that all saved settings and data will be lost.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Manually delete the C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7 folder (if still exist)

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder as well.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 at the link below.

Your previous uninstall steps did not include deleting the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder, which holds all saved settings and data.

Comment

okay, i will try that. i put up a video so you can see what i am talking about. it is not the clearest but hopefully it works. the first 30-40 seconds is actually showing another question. when i fire up ninja trader, i have to maximize the window and then shrink it for the candles to be properly formatted. i used the chart in the top left hand corner as an example. the other charts i had already done that maximize/shrink to. the rest of the video is me trying to load up PBR. you can kind of see the CPU usage spike up. i will go ahead and delete everything and see if that works. thanks for all the help.

Comment

jason,

would you believe that one chart window was corrupted. don't ask me why, but i have been deleting all the other chart windows and creating new ones but that one. i just deleted the main window because all of the sudden, the other charts are backfilling like a champ. as soon as i closed the main chart window i use, problem solved. i opened up new main chart window, and its working like a beast. i still have the strange layout when ever i load up a new chart, so i don't know if you are able to help me with that or not.

thanks

Comment

Can you please save your workspace once you formatted each chart to your liking. YOu can save the workspace at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace.

Subsequently restart NinjaTrader and check if it will open as saved.

Comment

yeah man!!!! loading like a champ. have you seen that before where one chart window is corrupted? the only thing is, i still have to maximize and shrink the chart windows (except for the main chart window that was the focus of the video) for them to have the proper layout. it really doesn't bother me that much, but i didn't know if its a software glitch, or something i am doing wrong. it does load up like 5 days of data, and maybe that's the problem? okay, i answered that question myself. i switched it to load 1 day of data and it fills in properly formatted. thanks for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes