Can't place order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't place order

Stop orders are being rejected because they can't be placed within market price range. I recently updated my NT to the newer 6.5 version and now I get these messages that my stop orders are being rejected because NT thinks the stop order price is near market price - even though it's not. It worked fine on the previous version of NT and I don't know what to do to fix this??

I'm sure other people have experienced this issue before as it appears pretty common to NT? Any known fixes available? Do I have to clear all the DB and start over or try to go back to the earlier verion of NT?

Very frustrating when the new version of NT screws up my trading systems.

B

Hello Bmatheny,

We're not aware of issues with this and the new version of NT. You can read release notes for any changes here.

Please email your log and trace files to [email protected]

Reference this thread:

Easiest way is with the Help > Mail to support feature, but you can also attach manually. Files are saved according to the date and are found in:
    My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\trace
    My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\log

Please let us know the date / time of any orders you would like us to look into.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. I just reset the DB and strategy features in NT (hoping this will help). As soon as it fires another order and generates this error, I will submit the details to you for review.

Again, it worked just fine with the previous version of NT, but not after I upgraded. So, I don't know what the problem is.

What I can tell you is on the ORDERS tab, the HIGH and LOW of the symbol I'm trading are the DAILY HIGH AND LOW. I believe this is causing the issue.

When the market moves up and I'm trying to place a stop order higher than the DAILY LOW of the day, it appears to generate this error. Don't know how to get the data connection to track the intra-day pricing and not the DAILY pricing.

Hope you can help?

Comment

We'll have to evaluate with the scenario you show us in your log and trace files. It's also helpful if you can share the code that submitted the order.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM