Simulated Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Adam,

Based on the comments on previous posts, I had verified the session template was set to default 24/7; it was set that way by default, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm also having problems executing automated strategies using the simulated data feed. For testing, I'm using a basic strategy that just enters long on rising SMA, then reverses on falling SMA. Backtests just fine using Kinetick feed.. When I switch to simulated data feed, it doesn't plot anything and it doesn't generate any orders. Although as I mentioned, I do get price date in the Control Center, so manually I'm able to trade no problem.

Thanks a lot.

-Ben

Comment

bbeville,

Please check your "Strategies" tab. Do the strategies show up as green here?
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

The strategies are enabled, and they do show up as green.

Thanks.

-Ben

Comment

Apologize about that, the question was already answered. Thank You.

In this case the strategy logic is not firing off any trades. The strategies are correctly enabled and ready to submit if the strategy tells NinjaTrader to submit orders.

I have two plans of action for you moving forward.

1) You do not have at least 20 bars back of data or enough historical data for the SMA's to calculate. You mention you are using the simulated data feed so I am not sure if you have historical data access or not. You would need historical data for these strategies to work correctly, at least as much as the single largest SMA periods value.

2) We need to debug the strategy code to see what it is doing. Please see this example on how to do this.

If you still have issue with the above items then please post the strategy we will take a quick look. Although we cannot debug code we can at least take a quick look to see if we can assist.

Comment

I have several questions:

1. Is the simulated data feed actually a replay of the data for the currently displayed stock symbol or is the simulation just randomly generated data?

2. Although I get changing price data on my chart, when I click on another symbol listed on the linked Market Analyzer the stock symbol changes, but the prices continue as from the previous stock symbol. The prices are not related. Why is that?

3. Does the simulated data feed get stored in the current database?

4. Is there any relationship between the prices and the volumes as described by Volume Spread Analysis or are they all random?

Comment

Hello,

Sure.

1) Random generated data.

2) Has the instrument actually changed in the chart as well? If so it could be just the simulated data is the same or close fo each. May want to switch to a live feed to fully test.

3) It can if you have control center->options->data tab->save chart data as historical checked.

4)When connected to simulated data feed its all just random.

If you are learning or getting up and going with the software I would recommend www.kinetick.com . They have a great feed and has stock/futures./forex data and you can even get delayed data from them at a reduced price that will most likely be best for getting you up and going and actually learning on live real data.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses