Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data from Trade Station

Hi,
    I am able to connect open charts in NT and display data from Trade Station, but I cannot get more than 3 days of 1 minute data. I have tried exporting the data from TS using the NTDataDownload strategy and then importing the historical data into NT but it does not change the span of data in the NT charts. I am working in simulated trading mode connected to "external data feed". The right click command of "reload historical data" on the data charts in NT is greyed out.
    How do you get a large span of historical data from TradeStation into Ninja Trader?
    Thank you,
    Patrick

It seems to be working now.
    The chart must be all set in TS, then you close TS and open NT, and then TS again. Then the data is available. When does the reload Historical Data button become active?

Comment

Hello OtterNinja

The "Reload All Historical Data" button is available if your data provider supports historical data for the interval you are viewing on the chart.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
      ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trade Station Connection Problem-No data

I followed instructions from NT site to connect TS. I am trying to load forex data from TS and am able to make a chart in NT latest version 7. I have the ELD external data feed connected properly. The chart opens with a blank page, however, all the icons, title and price on right appear but there is no data. This is Sunday morning.
        Why am I not able to download data? I have done this on a previous computer with no problem. Please help.

Bill
        Here is a url to hopefully click on to show what I get
        Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
        Last edited by slick60; 01-08-2012, 07:06 AM. Reason: add picture url

Comment

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your post.

I would like a support member to login remotely to your PC to assist you with this seutp. Can you send us an email to Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com and reference your question in this thread?

Thank you!
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have successfully connected my TradeStation data feed for the ES contract. I see data prints and bars building in NT. However - I also would like to see about 1500 bars of previous data also load. I am using tick data from my TS cart (at 1500 tick bars) feeding my NT chart (set at 10 tick bars). The RELOAD HISTORICAL data is grayed out.

Please help! Thanks.

Comment

Hello tickmaster,

Thank you for your note.

This is expected as the TradeStation connection does not provide Historical Data by default.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

If you would like to Import historical data from TradeStation, please see the following link.

CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! Then, unfortunately, I cannot get my tick bar charts to show anything previous to actually opening and connecting the two trading platforms, correct?

Is there anyway for NT to save what data it has already received so it loads back up next time?

Thanks.

Comment

tickmaster,

Yes, you can select from the Options menu.
                  Tools -> Options -> Data Tab -> Save Chart Data as historical.

Comment

Ok I got everything working some days ago. But my computer restarted on me last night while TS and NT were running. I open them back up and press CONNECT in NT - but the data is not feeding through anymore. The strategy is still active on the TS side - what happened, why can I not connect again?

Thanks.

Comment

tickmaster,

Can you verify that TradeStation is setup with the proper strategies to transmit data?

Out of curiosity, are you mainly using TradeStation to place trades from your automated Strategies from TradeStation?

Comment

Hi I'm struggling right now with Tradestation data feed, I intend to get data for EURUSD on FOREX.
                        What happens is that when I connect I get quotes from the very moment I connect so I have no history prior to that. If I want to import historical data I have to follow the procedure you recommend, yet after downloading the data and before connecting for the new real time feed, there is necessarily a certain period of time, maybe 1 or 2 minutes but a hole would be there, is there no way to get a short history from Tradestation directly upon connecting and to follow the importing procedure only for longer histories?
                        Thanks, bye
                        Smodato

Comment

Hello Smodato,

You do not need to disconnect from NinjaTrader and TradeStation to import the historical data.

Additionally, we have a few brokers that offer demo data feeds that plug into NinjaTrader for Forex
                          FXCM
                          MB Trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post bmartz
                          by bmartz