Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market analyzer and chart return different values

Hi

I'm calculating the same indicator in boith a row in the Markrt analyzer and on a chart. I calculate the indicator omn a 200 tick bar, a 4000 tick bar, a day bar, and a weekly bar.

the indicator values are the same for the daily and weekly bars. However the values are different for the tick bar calcs (22.23/25.27 for the 2k tick and
    27.11/20.05 for the 4k tick bar).

The indicator settings (lookback) are the same and both chart and analyzer indicator settings are set to calculate on the bar close.

Can you tell me why the indicator appears to be calcuated differently?

thanks

Nick

Hi Nick:

Thank you for your post.

Please verify that your Session begins/ends times are both set to the same time.

Right click within both the Market Analyzer and the Chart and go to Properties > Session begins/ends times to verify.

The other option I would suggest is increasing your look back period within the Market Analyzer screen.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lookback Setting in Market Analyzer

Can you clarify what exactly the "lookback" period affects in the way indicators calculate? Specifically moving averages?

I'd like clarification for 2 examples if you don't mind:

1) I have an indicator that calculates to one if the close of the 2 minute bar is above the 20 period moving average, otherwise assume it is 0.

If I apply this and the lookback period is set to 5 (in the MktAnalyzer ), what will the affect be and why?

If the lookback period is set to any number less than the largest moving average value I use (I can change it to any value) will this distort the calculated moving average value used in the market analyzer?

2) If I have an indicator that is looking for bar patterns over the last 10 bars (such as the % of bars higher than a certain price), must I set the lookback period for the entire MktAnalyzer to at least 10?
      Jim-Boulder
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

1) Then you will not have enough data for your indicator. Depending on how your indicator is coded will determine the affect. Most if not all NT indicators take into consideration "not enough bars" thus if you have a 20 period MA using NT's SMA, and you have 5 bars, I believe you would get the SMA of 5 bars etc..until 20 bars is loaded.

2) Yes
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hi Nick:

Thank you for your post.

Please verify that your Session begins/ends times are both set to the same time.

Right click within both the Market Analyzer and the Chart and go to Properties > Session begins/ends times to verify.

The other option I would suggest is increasing your look back period within the Market Analyzer screen.

Best regards,
          ...to use daily stock data,(nyse), what settings should be used?

"Please verify that your Session begins/ends times are both set to the same time."

??9am-9am??

Comment

When using a Daily chart you will not have the ability to set the Session begins and ends times. This property is only avalaible for Minute or Tick base charts.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes