Problem with NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with NG

I'm having a problem which looks to be isolated to one symbol, NG. I'm using NT7-21 with Kinetick real time subscription.

First, the only data I can chart is for the 10-10 contract regardless of which contract I select - eg if I select the 11-10 contract it pulls up data for the 10-10 contract. Second, the data will NOT stream for NG regardless of contract month selected. Reloading historical data will bring the chart up to date (with 10-10 data) but still won't stream. And it's also the only symbol I can't get a quote for in the Order tab of the Control Center.

Other Nymex symbols like CL/QG work properly as do TF/ES/NQ/6E/6A/ZC etc. I have an ongoing support request with Kinetick but to this point they haven't come with up a solution. I also submitted a support request with NT but haven't heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi gibbs,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and please let me know what exchange the NG contract is set to within the NinjaTrader instrument database.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's set to Nymex.

Comment

Hi gibbs,

Can you please highlight the NG contract and then hit the Edit button. Please change the exchange to Globex.

You will then need to remove the NG contract from the instrument list and re-add using the steps below.
        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

Then please let us know if you are able to receive real-time data for NG contract.

Comment

Tried that, no luck. It still jut pulls up the data for the 10-10 contract even though I selected the 11-10 contract.

Comment

Hello gibbs,

Likely, this is related to the merge policy that is setup for the NG instrument. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the NG and click Edit. Set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge. Subsequently create a new NG 11-10 chart and it should only load historical data from the 11-10 expiry.

If merging of data is enabled, it will load historical data from the 10-10 expiry up to today. Please click the Misc-tab in the NG Instrument Editor window and scroll to the bottom. Click the 'Contract months' row and a '...' button will appear. Click the button and you will see all expiries for the NG. Click the 11-10 expiry and you will see that rollover date is set to today. That means that requested historical data before this date is loaded from the 10-10 expiry, if 'Merge policy' is enabled.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

That looks to have solved the problem of loading the correct contract month data in a chart but I still can't get any real-time data for it.

Comment

gibbs,

Can you please try loading this instrument in a SuperDOM? In this window, does data stream or does the price ladder remain blank?
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't use the DOM so never tried it until now but the ladder remains blank, however it's also blank for every other instrument I tried. All symbols except NG work fine on Basic Entry though.

Comment

Hi gibbs,

The SuperDOM not working is likely related to your account if you do not have Market Depth enabled for Kinetick.

Can you please send an email to support[at]kinetick[dot]com and include your Account ID so we can check that information on our end, and also please reference this forum post.

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

They emailed back confirming that I did not subscribe to market depth.

Comment

Hi gibbs,

Thank you for that confirmation, but I am curious if the issue still persists with the NG contract.

If so can you please go Tools-->Instrument Manager-->find and highlight the NG contract-->Edit. In the ensuing window please choose Misc tab and change the symbol mapping for Kinetick to QNG.

Comment

It still exists. I have 12 symbols in the default instrument list and 11 of them appear to be working just fine. The only one that isn't is NG.

Tim at Kinetick suggested that change to QNG yesterday but it didn't help.

Comment

gibbs,

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager-->find the NG contract-->Delete. After deleting that contract please reset the instruments.

To reset the instruments please go to Tools-->Options-->Data-->Reset Instruments.

Then please check the NG contract by adding to an instrument list with the default settings and see if you can receive data.

If not change the symbol mapping as suggested earlier, and if the issue persists please change the exchange as well.

If it continues please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include a phone number as I would like to remotely assist if those steps do not resolve the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post briansaul  
                              Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes