• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

About TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About TWS

Hello,Could you please refer to this site:http://twsstart.free.fr/ ?The little software,TWSStart,offers some very practical solutions for TWS,which can also be realised in Ninjatrader that I think it's not difficult to achieve technologically.For instance,in its "Configuration--Monitor Settings--Exit Session Settings",it offers an option of "Change "Auto Logoff" Time" which can change from AM to PM or from PM to AM then press the "Update" button automatically when the notification window jumps out at the auto logoff time.So that it can prevent TWS to Auto Logoff which is very useful especially for automated trading or accidental leave before the auto logoff time.It can also monitor data connection and auto reconnect or relogin if necessary.I strongly recommend that these features can be incorporated into Interactive Brokers connection options,maybe in an advanced tab.
    In the latest version of TWS,two new options of API settings have been added and unchecked by default,which are "Bypass Order Precautions for API Orders" and"Bypass Bond warning for API Orders".I think for the purpose of automated trading,these two options should be checked.However,the issue has not been discussed in the help guide and video because of the difference of the versions.So I will wait for your explanation about it.
    By the way,could NinjaTrader Support Forum offer RSS feeds or twitter so that it may be easier to follow the new posts and information about NinjaTrader?Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion and welcome to our forums here - the 'bypass' options in the TWS are meant for auto trading, correct - you can setup to not run into any user set size levels when submitting orders via the API.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rontronimous, Yesterday, 05:55 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
    Started by brunoviveiros, Today, 04:26 AM
    0 responses
    1 view