Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Change value for TF contract missing entire 1st value BEFORE decimal

Hello,

I have a Market Analyzer up with multiple futures contracts being displayed. Today I noticed that the Net Change for the TF contract was missing an entire decimal place BEFORE the decimal.

I use Esignal as my data provider. I ran Esignal at the same time as NinjaTrader and Esignal is reporting correctly the net change, NinjaTrader however is missing the 1st value of the net change.

ex. Net change for TF on Sept28th +6.50, Esignal has this correct, but NinjaTrader is displaying it as 0.5. It's weird because if I'm pulling data from the Esignal data manager at the same time - the TF net change should be the same on both Esignal and NinjaTrader, yet NinjaTrader is missing an entire decimal value space.

Attached are the screenshots showing this.

-----

On an unrelated side note: Also is there a way to specify the amount of decimal places being shown to make this uniform? I have some contracts with a net change value of 0.50 and others showing 0.5. Is there a way to set this so that all values to go 2 decimal places and not some with 1 and some with 2?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BrianL; 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM.

Hi BrianL,

Thank you for your post.

In testing this with eSignal I am seeing the correct values displayed in the Net Change column for the TF.

Can you please remove the TF from your Market Analyzer and then reset your instruments. To reset the instruments please go to Tools-->Options-->Data-->Reset Instruments.

Then after resetting the instruments please re-add the TF contract and please let us know the values of the Net Change column.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi BrianL,

Thank you for your post.

In testing this with eSignal I am seeing the correct values displayed in the Net Change column for the TF.

Can you please remove the TF from your Market Analyzer and then reset your instruments. To reset the instruments please go to Tools-->Options-->Data-->Reset Instruments.

Then after resetting the instruments please re-add the TF contract and please let us know the values of the Net Change column.

Did what you said, Net Change still says 0.8, missing the first digit.

Image attatched
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi BrianL,

Can you please go to Help-->License Key and please let me know which version of NinjaTrader you are using.

If you are on the most current version 7.0.0.21 then please close your Market Analyzer, and then please go to File-->Workspaces and close your current workspace.

Please open a new workspace and then create a new Market Analyzer and see if within the new workspace the issue persists.

If you are in a previous version of NinjaTrader 7 please go to Help-->Download site and upgrade to the most current version.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
          Hi BrianL,

Can you please go to Help-->License Key and please let me know which version of NinjaTrader you are using.

If you are on the most current version 7.0.0.21 then please close your Market Analyzer, and then please go to File-->Workspaces and close your current workspace.

Please open a new workspace and then create a new Market Analyzer and see if within the new workspace the issue persists.

If you are in a previous version of NinjaTrader 7 please go to Help-->Download site and upgrade to the most current version.

I'm on a Live version of 7.0.0.21

Closed out my workspace, opened a new workspace with nothing on it, then opened a new Market Analyzer and added TF 12-10, added NetChange column set to 'Points' ........same result. Still says 0.8

Image attached

I also just re-did what you said earlier about the Reset Instruments, then rebooted NT, now I start a new Market Anaylzer and now I get no data at all except volume data for TF 12-10, all others get data correct.

Image attatched
          Attached Files

Comment

I just shut down and rebooted to see if maybe that would help somehow reset things and when I tried to open NinjaTrader I got a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error and NinjaTrader wouldn't boot.

I'm going to uninstall, then reinstall NT and see if that helps.

Image of error attatched
            Attached Files
            Last edited by BrianL; 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

little bug to NOT working at ALL NinjaTrader

I re-installed Ninjatrader, followed the steps in making sure I deleted everything before the re-install. Now I can't even load NinjaTrader at all. I get the same Runtime C++ Library Error. I've attached a image shot of the error, it was the same as BEFORE the reinstall, and now AFTER reinstall it is happening again.

I just bought NT Live and now I can't even open the program!?!?! This little problem just snowballed into a major freakin disaster!!!

I'm going to uninstall and delete all NT Files and folders, except for my workspace and templates, then reinstall.

Help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!
              Attached Files

Comment

After 2 re-installs, I'm back to a working NinjaTrader. and the TF is now displaying correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH