Alerts in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts in Strategy Analyzer

I created a series of strategies in NT7 where I want to be alerted any time one of 4 different MA crosses occur. I didn't want to use the strategies to initiate trades, just to alert me, so I set the strategy to only "sound" alert me when the conditions existed. It seemed pretty straightforward to set up, but no sound alerts come through when the conditions are met. When I edit the strategy, it looks like its set up fine, and is pointing to the correct sound files, but the are no sound alerts. I can get sound alerts through the market analyser, but I can't set that up for the conditions I need.

I'm assuming that the strategy analyser can be set up to only create alerts, or am I wrong?

Hello DennisA,

Yes, strategies can be setup this way. What I would do is add additional signal confirmation. You can add an alert and then view through File > New > Alerts window.

You might also consider adding drawing objects, and then can see on the chart when conditions are true.

That should help identify if the issue is with identifying bars that meet the conditions, or just with the sound playback.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rocketman7  
    Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
    1 response
    0 likes