GAIN-specific license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAIN-specific license?

In the news announcement "...for GAIN (only available after October 11, 2010)", does this mean there will be a special GAIN-only license with a different price structure, or will we need to upgrade to the full version to continue to use GAIN with NT?

Hello OregonSun,

Thank you for your post.

For this item please take a moment to review the following link that discusses all the details:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hmmm... very disappointing to hear that we have to use paid license to trade soon using forex.com, guess need to change broker d...

Comment

Since GAIN was padding spreads to pay NinjaTrader does anyone know anything about after the 18th if the spreads fed to NinjaTrader by GAIN will be changing to? Will they be better spreads?

Comment

I dont think it will be better spread, all we can do is, just get back to regular charting software like mt4, dealbook, and so on which its free for life

Comment

Originally posted by ohowie View Post
            Since GAIN was padding spreads to pay NinjaTrader does anyone know anything about after the 18th if the spreads fed to NinjaTrader by GAIN will be changing to? Will they be better spreads?
            As far as I know, GAIN was not padding spreads fed to NinjaTrader. This is according to my representative at GAIN.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

I guess that is my misunderstanding. I've been around a long time and was pretty sure the rates were higher, or maybe variable instead of fixed, just the same I always had to spend time moving from gain to a ninja gain account (forex.com). Seeing how I will remain true to Ninja first, will forex.com (gain) still require a seperate Ninja account? Do other brokers like IB or MB require seperate Ninja accounts as well?

Thanks Ray

Thanks Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ohowie View Post
                Hi Ray,

I guess that is my misunderstanding. I've been around a long time and was pretty sure the rates were higher, or maybe variable instead of fixed, just the same I always had to spend time moving from gain to a ninja gain account (forex.com). Seeing how I will remain true to Ninja first, will forex.com (gain) still require a seperate Ninja account? Do other brokers like IB or MB require seperate Ninja accounts as well?

Thanks Ray

Thanks Ray
                Yes, accounts at GAIN need to be specific for NinjaTrader. Same account opening process as before, we just don't receive transactional compensation any longer. Any other FX broker (as of this writing) we support do not require a NinjaTrader specific account.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  Yes, accounts at GAIN need to be specific for NinjaTrader. Same account opening process as before, we just don't receive transactional compensation any longer. Any other FX broker (as of this writing) we support do not require a NinjaTrader specific account.
                  The link that you gave to sign up to pay for a GAIN license does not have a GAIN license available for purchase.

So, if I want to use Ninjatrader, am I now forced to drop GAIN as a provider?

Also, since you are no longer getting data from GAIN, are we also forced to signup with another DATA provider?

Comment

Originally posted by Unhommefou View Post
                    The link that you gave to sign up to pay for a GAIN license does not have a GAIN license available for purchase.

So, if I want to use Ninjatrader, am I now forced to drop GAIN as a provider?

Also, since you are no longer getting data from GAIN, are we also forced to signup with another DATA provider?
                    Correct, the license will be available for purchase next Monday. You can continue to use your existing GAIN license until October 18th, 2010. You must sign up from a data provider (www.kinetick.com our preferred choice) if you do not have a live funded GAIN account. If you do have a live GAIN account then you will NOT require any data service since your live funded account will provide real time and historical data.

Comment

I've always had my connection account set to "get history data from NT servers". Assuming we set all feed from GAIN... If I were to reload history? or delete and reload history? would my history data be different? by history i mean chart history. Thank you, Howie

Comment

Hello ohowie,

NinjaTrader stores historical data for GAIN. The GAIN servers only store 24 hours back and the NinjaTraders server a year or more of data for instruments that are recorded. This option is set when you setup the account connection. You will want to select the NinjaTrader historical data servers for more historical data.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry of course. But it very bad news for me, and for you too.
                          I like NT but your program not so good now that I will change my broker.
                          Gain have MT4 instead of NT, but what will have you instead of Gain?
                          I be sorry that you have no agree with Gain.

Comment

Okay...so back to MT4 for ("poor") students and beginners? That sucks.

Comment

Hello add000,

Please note that we support forex brokers other than Gain as well. See the supported forex brokers below:

- GAIN Capital/FOREX.com
                              - PFGBEST.com
                              - MB Trading
                              - Interactive Brokers

Click the following link for the GAIN Capital/FOREX.com connection guide:

PFGBEST.com: Click the following link below to view the setup guide for connecting to PFGBEST.com.

MBT Forex: Click the following link to view the setup guide for connecting to MBT.

Interactive Brokers: Click the following link to view the setup guide for connecting to Interactive Brokers.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
                              Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes