not saving my layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not saving my layout

this is gettin very frustrating. when i accidentally get cut off the system is not remembering my layout that i saved from before. so every time i restart ninja trader the dome never comes up and i have to start a new dome and redo all my info and colors for the dome.PLEASE TELL MY HOW I SAve THE DOME I WANT AND NO MATTER WHAT WHEN I SIGN IN THAT FORMAT WITH THE DOME COMES UP. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS.
    Last edited by chan123; 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM.

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

Once you set up all the different properties within the SuperDOM, like colors and general properties, click on Save as Default. All the settings will be displayed in the same manner as you have them set the previous time.

You can save your workspace (chart with all your indicators, superDOM and all other windows). When you want to close NinjaTrader for the day don't close any charts or other windows, just keep them open. Just go to the control center and hit file-->exit. The next time you open up NinjaTrader all your charts, indicators, superDOM and all other windows will be available in the same manner when you closed NinjaTrader the last time.

Comment

were is "save as default". is it under the file in control panel? also if you accidentally click out of the dome then exit the control panel will everything come up with the same layout when you relog on? what i'm asking is if you don't go to file and exit when all your layouts are open will the previous layout with everything on it still come up the next time? i'm nto understanidng why you don't have a save layout option that brings up the same layout everytime unless you don't want to save it?is the only way to save your layout to hit the exit button?

Comment

nobody responded to my question above. my question again is #1 were is the save as default setting once i set up my dome? THE SECOND AND VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION WHAT IF I JUST TURN OFF MY COMPUTER OR THE POWER BLINKS AND THE COMPUTER TURNS OFF. IF I HAVEN'T HIT FILE AND EXIT WILL THE SAVED DOME FROM BEFORE COME UP ARE DO I HAVE TO REDO THE WHOLE DOME SETTINGS?

Comment

Hi chan123,

What Chris was referring to was for the Charts. You can right click on a chart->Template->Save as Default. This will save your chart settings and it will load the template whenever you open a new chart window. Currently the only way to save your workspace layout is to close NinjaTrader exactly how you want it to open. In the upcoming 6.5 which will be available this fall you will be able to save multiple workspaces and bring up whichever one you want to use.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The SuperDOM "Set as Default" button is accessible via the SuperDOM Properties dialog window. This can be brought up by clicking on your right mouse button in the SuperDOM and selecting the "Properties" menu.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes