Seperating Stop Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seperating Stop Orders

I'm curious how I can separate stop orders once I am in a position. Let me explain: When I enter into a trade, I initially place a stop order for the entire position - 3 lots - all at the same price to exit all if the trade goes bad. Once a trade is underway and moving in my direction, I want to trail each lot at different prices. For example, 1 lot I might want to trail 1 point under a trendline while another under the last swing and another set to breakeven. The problem is when I initially place the stop order, it is bundled into one lump order, and I don't know how to separate it. I have been just submitting a new order and then adjusting the size of the initial order, but if the market is moving fast, a mistake can occur. How can I best achieve what I am trying to do?

Thanks!

Hello BrandonLG83,

You would enable 'Target 3' in your ATM strategy and you will be able to submit three separate stop losses. Subsequently each stop loss can use a different stop strategy.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason. Thanks for your reply. I've tried enabling the 3 targets, but it still bundles it into 1 order as far as I can see. I should mention that I prefer to move my stops manually. So how do I move one stop order up manually and independently of the other 2 stops?

Comment

Yes, you will see the order with a size marker that states '3s'. If you right click in the buy or sell column next to the size marker, you could cancel each order individually or setup and enable a stop strategy.

Unfortunately you cannot modify individual orders in this situation. If you require manual modification of the stop loss orders, I suggest to submit them at different prices.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh, okay. I appreciate your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM