Can't get charts for certain things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get charts for certain things

For some reason, I can't get minute charts for 6J, the future for the Yen. My volume chart is fine, but my minute charts have no data whatsoever. I've notice this phenomenon with several other instruments as well.

Hi Shali27,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which data provider you are using, as well as the version of NinjaTrader you are using. The version is found in the Help-->About field.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan, It's the newest version of 6.5 with Zen-Fire.

Comment

Hi shali27,

Thank you for that information.

Can you please reset your instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then please repair your database, and create an entirely new chart.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
        • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Select the "Misc" tab
        • Press the "Repair DB" button
        • Press the "OK" button

Comment

I've done all that before and it didn't seem to help. I guess I can try it again.

Comment

It didn't help.

Comment

shali27,

Since those steps did not work can you please remove your workspaces.

To delete your workspaces:
              • Please close NinjaTrader and go to your desktop Start menu
              • Open My Documents
              • Go to the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder
              • Go to the Workspaces folder
              • Right click on all XML documents and select Delete
              • Now restart the application and it should start up normally

Then when creating a new workspace please check to see if you receive data for the 6J.

Comment

Just so I understand correctly, I have to delete all of my workspaces and recreate them? It seems like I've been through something similar. At any rate, I'm not up to it right now, but please confirm that that's what's required here?

Comment

Hi shali27,

Those are the steps that I am asking you but prior to making that commitment you can move the workspace items so that they are not accessible by NinjaTrader.

The steps are generally the same except rather than removing the workspaces you will cut them from their location and navigate to a different location and choose to right click and paste.

Comment

I see. I have too many in there anyway. I'll do it when I have time. If that doesn't work, I'll post again here. Thanks for your help :-)

Comment

Ok, so I did all that and it worked for a minute. Still having trouble with Yen charts. Some of them work, some of them don't. Also now, a couple of my Corn charts will not give me an SMI. This is a new problem. My shorter term charts do not have them. I tried opening a new workspace with a new chart, but it was the same thing.

Comment

Hi shali27,

Since the issue persisted with a new workspace can you please check any firewalls and anti-virus applications and make sure NinjaTrader is an exception to those blocking programs.

Then please rename your database.

To rename the DB:
                        • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
                        • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
                        • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.MDB."
                        • Then restart the software.

Comment

I've never had a problem before with not getting an SMI indicator. Why would some charts now have them when others don't? I'm now getting one on the 3 minute ZC, but the 1 minute still doesn't have it. This doesn't make any sense to me. And I couldn't get any data at all for copper. Sometimes I get data for the Yen, and other times not. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Comment

shali27,

Can you please uninstall and re-install the most current version of NinjaTrader.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                            1. Close all running applications.
                            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                            4. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                            5. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                            6. Reboot your machine.
                            7. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                              Download

This process will not remove your settings, but reset your installation. You will then want to reset the instruments due to changes made to certain contracts. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then please create a new chart and apply the SMI indicator, and to view that indicator you will want to make sure that there are 20 bars of historical data on the chart.

Comment

If I do the above steps, how does it save my current charts, workspaces, etc.? Is that because it leaves the files in My Documents? Or if I rename my database, will that make it so that I have to recreate my charts and workspaces? I was having some success getting the Yen chart, but now it's not working again. Very frustrating.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post maybeimnotrader