Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple connections

Hi

I am trying to figure out a way to have mutiple data feed connections.,..I can connect to 2 data feed providers that is ok, but I am having trouble defining for what insturment and time frame the data source is

Is there any way to do this... say for example

For ES Futures, use esginal connection
    For SPX use Interactive Brokers
    and for SPX daily, use esginal (or google)

I am going to fiddle with the instrument settings. But my problem is that I am not set up on esignal to recieve the same instruments as I am on IB, therefore i get an error message sometimes when I try to request instruments for which i am un entitled to on esginal, but I know I can get via IB...

thanks

Hello Eurostoxx,

Thank you for your post.

Connection Order is Significant

If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:

BrokerA - Provides real-time market and historical data
    BrokerB - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to BrokerA first and BrokerB second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from BrokerA even if you trade against BrokerB. It is possible you want to use the real-time market data from BrokerB (you perceive it to be faster) then you should connect to BrokerB first and BrokerA second. What about historical data? No problem since NinjaTrader is smart enough to realize that although it uses BrokerB for real-time data it will request historical data from BrokerA.

Please note the receiving of data via multiple connection is not manageable threw the symbol mappings.

For more information on multiple broker connections please visit - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...leConnections1

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Thanks NT lowell

I read through that post in the help guide, and i understand the order of the connections is important. What I am having trouble with now, is trying to use 1 connection for Futures data and 1 connection for Equities/Stocks...

but i get an error message from my primary connection (which is esignal and I use it for futures) when i try to open a chart for a stock

that is why I am trying to figure out if I can establish, via the instrument manager, which data feed an insturment will grab

any ideas how to do that

Comment

Hi eurostoxx trader,

To be clear, the only way to control which data is used is via connection order. Unfortunately, it's not possible to define different data providers for different instruments or intervals currently, though this is on development's list of future considerations for the software.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes