Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charge price on Dom

I need help to fix this problem.
    I need to see on Dom the price I have been filled to get in the market.
    In the first trade it shows it correctly and alaso Pnl in Dom is correct But only in the first trade.
    All the other trades after the first one it shows me another price (even if in oreder window there is the right prioce) and also another Pnl.

How Can I fix it?

It seems like it calculates the medium price and Pnl Of ALL trades.

Thank you!

Hello snowtrader,

Unfortunately this is as expected and cannot be changed. NinjaTrader will report your average entry price when in a position that resulted by multiple entry orders.

Unrealized PnL is calculated by your average entry price and the last traded price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is it normal?

For example: I buy 2 contracts and then I sell 2 contracts. it means that I'm flat after I closed my long position. If I enter in the market again NT shows the average price calculating also my previous trade even if I was flat before entering in the market again?

If so what are the advantages of that? I guess that a trader wants to see on DOM the price (and pnl) of the current trade...not the average af all the trades before

Thank you

Comment

If you are flat and subsequently enter a position, it should not take the previous trade into consideration. When I test it on my end, it does not use the prior trade to reflect average entry price. Are you able to reproduce this?

If so, please send me your log and trace files and tell me what time it occurred. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20101006 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20101006 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes