Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Corn

Hallo,

I have just started to trade Corn Futures (ZC) with an automated ninjascript strategy. I am having trouble. On the first trade, the execution price on the entry was 486, but the chart showed 4,86. I restarted the ninjascript and that worked. Then it exited at 489 but again the price shown was 4.89 (huge loss from 486). When I re-insert the strategy, everything is solved.

I cannot trade like that, reinserting all the time. Any help with this market?

Thanks

Juan Rivera

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

Can you please run the SampleMACrossOver strategy on this market. Does the same occur on your side with this strategy or does it only occur with your strategy? This would help us narrow down what may be causing this.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hallo

This only happens when executing live orders. So I wil try your SampleMACrossOver tomorrow and see what happens.

However, I have exactly the same strategy on a few other markets and there has never been any problem, so I suspect it has something to do with the market.

Thanks

Juan

Comment

Hello,

Sounds good and Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo so that I may test on my side with your setup as well tomarrow.

Comment

Hallo

The SampleMACrossOver strategy works fine on the Sim01 account. Also my strategy works fine there, but when executed live in InteractiveBrokers, there are problems with the execution price.

I am using the lastest NT 6.5 version.

I could try the SampleMACrossOver for real but I do not really want to.

Could there be an issue between NT and IB with this market ZC, as there is with oil, CL and QM? (I stopped trading those markets because of those issues)

Anyone out there trading Corn with NT and IB?

Best,
          Juan

Comment

Juan, thanks for reporting back, you probably need to add a multiplier to the IB map to adjust for the different execution price you would get from IB's API - it would be most helpful if you could forward us your logs / traces via the Help > Mail to Support feature and then reference this thread in the subject please.

Thanks
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses