Kinetick and NT 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick and NT 7

Can you please tell me if I have this right?

a. Connect to Kinetick
    b. Connect to GAIN (in my case for now)

1. My strategy backtests will be based on Kinetick Data?
    2. My live running strategies will use real-time Kinetick Data to evaluate strategy conditions to trigger trading at Market Price to Gain?
    3. I will not be subject to the filtered data and Kinetick will be used to trigger my live StopLosses and TakeProfits?

Thank you for your time,
    Howie

Hello ohowie,

Thank you for your post.

If I understand your question, this will depend on connection order to the two data providers. NinjaTrader supports multiple simultaneous connections to different connectivity providers and in some cases, to the same connectivity provider allowing you to:

• Connect to and trade through multiple brokers simultaneously
    • Connect to your broker and your data feed provider simultaneously

If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:
    Connection1 - Provides real-time market and historical data
    Connection2 - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to Connection1 first and Connection2 second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from Connection1 even if you trade against Connection2.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip,

If I may reply by example:

Stop loss is = X

Conn 1 is Kinetick
      Conn 2 is Broker with History and Current Data feed as well

1. Kinetick triggers the stop loss since Conn1 is used for history and current market data?
      2, The order is then placed at Conn2's market price with Conn2?
      3. If Kinetick never hits the stop loss, the order will not stop even if broker feed (conn2) spikes to that stop but Kinetick (Conn1) does not?

Much appreciation
      Thank you for your help,
      Howie

Comment

Hello Howie,

1. I assume you refer to your entry order that has an ATM strategy (stop loss) attached. You will sumit your orders to your broker, so the order will be executed by your broker.

2. Correct, the order is submitted to your broker.

3. Once the order receives a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, it resides at the
        broker.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Execution is done at the broker, so it will not use Kinetick's data to execute the order.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason.

I backtest using an NT strategy then trade live using a strategy that creates ATM's. My questions relate to launching the ATM's and the ATM's behavior.

Would the stop loss order reside at the broker if it were a trailing stop? Simulated??

Does the decision to enter the ATM baded on Conn1?

In short I would like the decision to enter the ATM and execute stop losses based on the feed from Conn1 (Kinetick) instead of Conn2 (Gain or MB). Is that possible?

Thanks a mill,
          Howie
          Last edited by ohowie; 10-07-2010, 06:41 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Hello ohowie,

1.) "Would the stop loss order reside at the broker if it were a trailing stop? Simulated??"

The order itself resides at the broker's servers only if it is in a state of Accepted or Working. The trailing-stop component which modifies the order resides on your local PC. In the case of a simulated order, that order is held locally until it's price and volume condition are satisfied.

2.) "Does the decision to enter the ATM baded on Conn1?"

The data which is used for calculation of the strategy is provided from the first connection which is established. For more information about using NinjaTrader with multiple connections: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...leConnections1
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello ohowie,

1.) "Would the stop loss order reside at the broker if it were a trailing stop? Simulated??"

In the case of a simulated order, that order is held locally until it's price and volume condition are satisfied.
              Is the "unitil it's price condition is satisfied" comment based on Conn1 or Conn2 if simulated is used?

THANKS KYLE!

Comment

Hi ohowie,

To clarify, what I meant was that the simulated order resides at the local PC until:
                • Market price reaches or exceeds your Stop Loss order's price.
                • Volume at that price is less than the volume you specify.

Comment

In our case Kyle market price would be set by Kinetic in a simulated stop loss (Conn1) and by Conn2 (Gain in my case) if anything other than a simulated stop loss... is that correct?

Comment

Hi ohowie,

Price and volume would both be coming from connection 1 unless connection 1 is unavailable or does not provide data for the instrument requested.

Comment

thank you for clearing that up Kyle. To sum up this thread would you agree the following is true.

1. Simulated Stop Losses work from the local machine and therefore use the 1st live market data connection that can provide that information.
                      2. Stop Loss and Trailing Stop losses are kept at the Broker and therefore the Broker's own feed will determine when those Stop losses are hit.
                      3. Any order status of working or accepted is residing at the broker's connection.

k?

Comment

Hi ohowie,

1.) "Simulated Stop Losses work from the local machine and therefore use the 1st live market data connection that can provide that information."

This is correct.

2.) "Stop Loss and Trailing Stop losses are kept at the Broker and therefore the Broker's own feed will determine when those Stop losses are hit."

This is also correct.

3.) "Any order status of working or accepted is residing at the broker's connection."

In the case of your broker, this is correct.

Comment

if it were MB Trading (I have just been approved for an account there)

Stop Loss resides on ?
                          Trailing SL resides on?
                          Simulated always reside on pc

Thanks again Kyle

Comment

Hi ohowie,

In the case of MB Trading:
                            Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on MBT's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
                            OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

For more information about where orders reside: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

You've been a prince Kyle. Thank you for clarifying that. One last question. I noticed almost all brokers handle orders at the exchange if available but GAIN always keeps it on their servers. Do you know what service Gain is using for their market data?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GussJ
                              by GussJ

Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes