Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same account tow computers

hi. i have some quetions

1) i want to know if i can use one account with the same serial number, on tow computers?

2) im using VPS server that support 512 RAM server 2003. but i can still run ninjatrader and trade without a problems.. but when i try to get in the fast market with stop loss" and "profit target" i have some slippages
    so can i avoid some of the slippage if i will trade with 1GB RAM memory?

3) is zen-fire can give me a better execution then patsystems?

thanks

Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

1. You can install NinjaTrader on multiple computers but you can only use your Live NinjaTrader license key on one computer at a time or else this would place you in violation of the NinjaTrader End User License Agreement.

2. For minimum hardware & software requirements, please reference the NinjaTrader Installation Guide:

3. Please clarify what you mean by better execution and provide an example.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

1. You can install NinjaTrader on multiple computers but you can only use your Live NinjaTrader license key on one computer at a time or else this would place you in violation of the NinjaTrader End User License Agreement.

2. For minimum hardware & software requirements, please reference the NinjaTrader Installation Guide:

3. Please clarify what you mean by better execution and provide an example.

Thank you,
      can i use my license key on tow computers but be online in 1pc and offline in 2pc ?

example when the market get fast and i place a trade at 0.0001 but i fill at 0.0030
      and my stop loss and my profit target changes too
      i know a guy who took a trade at the same second i did, and the same direction, but he filled in the market a couple of points before me. i used patsystems and he used zen-fire

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

The scenario you detail will not depend upon the broker you are using. This is especially true in fast market conditions. Negative slippage will be the norm if you place a market order. In fast market conditions your order will be competing with thousands of other orders. You may want to consider using an order type that will allow you some control over your entry price.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

The scenario you detail will not depend upon the broker you are using. This is especially true in fast market conditions. Negative slippage will be the norm if you place a market order. In fast market conditions your order will be competing with thousands of other orders. You may want to consider using an order type that will allow you some control over your entry price.

can i avoid some of the negative slippage if i use a market order, but trade without "stop loss" or "profit target" or work with hard and stronge computer?

and if i can install my license key on two computers but not connect both of them on the same time?

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot avoid slippage on market orders. Even if you do not attach an ATM strategy to your entry market order you can experience slippage.

Yes, you can use the same license key on multiple PC's, however it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on two PC's at the same time.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Unfortunately you cannot avoid slippage on market orders. Even if you do not attach an ATM strategy to your entry market order you can experience slippage.

Yes, you can use the same license key on multiple PC's, however it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on two PC's at the same time.
              and what if i will place a limit order? will i minimize the slippage?
              Last edited by shortybugi; 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=shortybugi;197259]QUOTE]

Hi
                still got a problem
                i try to use my license key on my second computer patsystems connection, but the green light wont turn on
                i tried to repair DB and all the setting are ok

how can i fix it?

thanks

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

For this connection issue please send us your most recent Log & Trace files so we can see if there are any errors taking place in the background.

These files can be found in the (My) Documents folder in the following folders:
                  1. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                  2. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

If you are using NinjaTrader 7 then just substitute 7 for 6.5 in the file path above.

Make sure to attach these text (.txt) files to your response/email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Thank you,

Comment

hi again

as i understood. u said that in the fast market, to minimize my slippages i should place a limit order, right?

so my question is, if i can set my limits in the opposite direction of the market.

like in the uploaded picture,. can i set a sell limit order at 1243.50 or a buy limit order at 1246.75?

and if the limit orders can help me minimize the slippages?, and why

thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

You can accomplish an entry on a breakout/breakdown approach by:
                      1. Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
                      2. For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                      3. Submit your stop order to buy above the market
                      4. For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                      5. Submit your stop order to sell below the market
                      6. CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

For a market fade approach just substitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

A limit order allows you to set a price which you are willing receive or better. A market order would be filled at the next available price. However if price gaps you risk being filled at a price worse than desired.

Comment

what if for example the market was in 1.0000 and 1 second later it became 1.0070
                        so the market was in low liquidity. but i places tow orders to go "long" in the excatly same time (in the fast market). one is a market order at 1.0000 and one is a stop order at 1.0010
                        so which one will execute better?

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

In your example you state you place a Market order but then you specify a defined price. This would be a Limit order. If you placed a Market order in a ‘fast-market’ environment, there is no prior knowledge of where the order would be filled.

Please note that these types of trading education questions are better suited to our Educational Partners that discuss trading techniques in various market types. You can contact them by reviewing the following list:

Thank you,

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

In your example you state you place a Market order but then you specify a defined price. This would be a Limit order. If you placed a Market order in a ‘fast-market’ environment, there is no prior knowledge of where the order would be filled.

Please note that these types of trading education questions are better suited to our Educational Partners that discuss trading techniques in various market types. You can contact them by reviewing the following list:

Thank you,
                            i see in ninjatrader the option to buy\sell a bid\ask limit orders
                            what means 1 tick above or below the market
                            so. if i open limit order very close to the current price, instead buy a market order
                            (during a fast market) can it minimize the slippage becouse its a "limit order"??

Comment

if i set a sell limit order below the market does it count like a market order with a bad execution?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB