Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trades executing without my knowledge, and I can't find current open orders. Urgent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades executing without my knowledge, and I can't find current open orders. Urgent?

2 things.

First, I'm using NT7 with MBT live account and have 3 charts open for EurUsd, 1min, 5min, and 30 range. I enter trades on 30 range and just use the min charts for reference. Today when I placed a trade on the 30 range chart it entered the same trades on the 1min and 5min charts! So I had 3 trades executed simultaneously. This happened time and again even after I restarted NT and even after I closed the min charts. I just had the 30 range open at that point and after I entered/exited a position a few minute later out of nowhere I'd hear "Stop hit" so it was still entered orders somewhere else but I have no idea where. What's going on?

Second, I'm trying to close the program right and it says I still have 2 orders open. I don't see any orders in the order book but after the weirdness from above I'm not sure if that's true. What do I do now?

*Edit - after looking at it this further I see that fortunately the extra trades on the 1 and 5 min accounts were made on the Sim101 account. However, this could be potentially serious if I, or someone else, were to have extra charts open on the live account instead of sim. Any idea why this happened?
    Last edited by Trankuility; 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM.

Hi Trankuility,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please right click on Chart Trader and then select Advanced Options. Please check if there is a check box in the Shadow Strategy field.

If not can you please forward your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please mention this thread and include the time when these order entries occurred.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Aw crap, haha. Yeah, that was checked. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB