FWB missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi moon_121,

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your phone number. I would like to contact you and remotely assist since I can not test your connection with IB on my end.

Please put ATTN Ryan in that email, and I will follow up with you by phone.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Answer?

Hi,

i am encountering the same situation with stocks and FWB on IB, if there was a solution, can you please post it here?

many thanks.

Comment

Hello puravida,

The error indicates your IB connection is not authorized to load data for instruments traded on the FWB exchange.

Are you able to load data for instruments traded on the FWB in TWS? If not, please contact IB to include FWB data as per your IB connection.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello!

thanks for the quick response, actually it works fine in TWS (i can view historical charts and realtime data on FWB). But why isn't FWB on the list of exchanges anyway?

Comment

Can you please enable the Xetra exchange and check if you receive data.

If the issue remains, can you please provide me an example of a stock you are trying to receive data for.

Comment

nope, the same... there is a message telling me i have no permission for BATEDE, SWB and TRQXDE.

I am trying this for example with "CBK", i can view historical chartdata inside TWS on this stock. Is it possible to define SMART or IBIS?

Comment

Do you receive real-time data if you select the CBK in the Control Center-->Orders-tab or Dynamic SuperDOM?

What setting is used for 'Currency' in the Definition-tab? Make sure it is set to Euro.

Unfortunately such exchanges are not listed in NinjaTrader.

When I test the CBK stock on the IB demo account, I am able to receive real-time using the following settings. I have the Xetra exchange enabled as well as the Default exchange.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, i receive real time data in Dynamic SuperDOM for market depht of level I as i have it inside tws.

I have the stock exactly configured as you said, real time works, but as soon as i try to get the historical data over the Strategy Analyzer by backtesting, i get the error message that i have no permission.
                  Last edited by puravida; 03-13-2012, 07:28 AM.

Comment

The fact real-time data is received indicates the instrument is setup properly in NinjaTrader. I suggest to contact IB regarding the error message and double check if you account is authorized for historical data for the CBK stock on Xetra.

Comment

ok i double checked it with the tws support, they suggested subscribing to SWB to be sure what i did.

Now the error message is not listing SWB anymore, but still claiming i have no permission for BATEDE and TRQXDE which i do not want to use anyway if i have SWB activated. I tried to get rid of the "Default" flag but it seems to get activated automatically... can i change the value behind "Default" in the list of exchanges or get rid of it?

Comment

The Default exchange always needs to be enabled for stock instruments. Instead of the Xetra exchange, please enable the Swb exchange as per the CBK.

Remove and re-add the CBK to your instrument list now that it has different settings. Subsequently check if you can load historical data.

Comment

Ok i finally found the answer with the help of both supports

So for anybode else having a problem getting historical data in IB to work do the following:

1) Ensure you have the right subscriptions at IB
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          To recap inorder to receive Historical Data in Ninja Trader and TWS for
                          IBIS Stocks on SMART (like CBK) the permissions needed are:

European ECN stocks Non-Professional - EUR 0.0
                          Stuttgart Boerse incl. (SWB) - EUR 4.0
                          German Stock Bundle (IBIS + FWB) Non-Professional - Level 1 - EUR 15.0

Otherwise if you ONLY have German Stock Bundle then you can only get
                          historical data for the directed exchange like IBIS.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Edit your instruments to have "Default" and "SWB" (and "XETRA" if you have that package also like me) enabled, under "MISC" type in the symbol that works for you in TWS.

It works fine now, thanks also for your help on the NT side.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Pattontje  
                          Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                          17 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post TradingLoss