Forex only Kinetick data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex only Kinetick data

Can't believe Ninjatrader won't offer forex only data for $25 or $50 a month.

To go from $0 for datafeed (using Gain) to $75 minimum (for Kinetick) has a feel of bait and switch.

I'm grateful for NJ's free software and would be glad to pay a reasonable price for forex data.

Forex only Kinetick data

Hello Poocher:

It was not NinjaTrader's desire to see the GAIN Relationship and ability to provide free Forex market data change but we do have to react to changes imposed by the CFTC which we did and why this is no longer available. In addition you can use any Forex data feed we support whether it comes from a broker or 3rd party. The broker feeds from PFG and Interactive Brokers would be free to connect to NinjaTrader if you had a live and funded account with them or you could use any 3rd party data service we support. However, of the 3rd party data feeds we support, Kinetick is by far the least expensive.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

I appreciate your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
        Hello Poocher:

It was not NinjaTrader's desire to see the GAIN Relationship and ability to provide free Forex market data change but we do have to react to changes imposed by the CFTC which we did and why this is no longer available. In addition you can use any Forex data feed we support whether it comes from a broker or 3rd party. The broker feeds from PFG and Interactive Brokers would be free to connect to NinjaTrader if you had a live and funded account with them or you could use any 3rd party data service we support. However, of the 3rd party data feeds we support, Kinetick is by far the least expensive.

Sincerely,

John
        @ John:
        Am I correct in saying Barchart is $60 a month ($45 + $15) or have I priced this incorrectly.

I trade EURUSD on a 1 tick timeframe.

I too am looking for a Feed provider...B4 the Gain Feed expires

Comment

Originally posted by pip_gmt View Post
          @ John:
          Am I correct in saying Barchart is $60 a month ($45 + $15) or have I priced this incorrectly.

I trade EURUSD on a 1 tick timeframe.

I too am looking for a Feed provider...B4 the Gain Feed expires
          I believe that is accurate.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

if I fund a live GAIN UK account, can I still access just the real time and historical data feed from them through Ninja Trader 6.5/7 in light of the new CFTC regulations?

Not sure if this was the correct place to ask.

Thanks much.

Comment

Yes, if you have a live and funded account you will be able to receive real-time and historical data. Sincerely - John

Comment

Hello John,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but here is my question: I do have a funded account with Gain (Forex). I haven't been able to connect to it thru Ninja Trader. Do I need to have a Ninja Trader license in order to link my Gain forex account? If not, can you provide me the steps required to make the bridge between the two platforms?

Thanks,
                solarX

Comment

Hello solarX:

If you have a live and funded GAIN Capital account it can be linked to NinjaTrader. If you have a simulation key you will be able to connect, receive real-time data, and paper trade. If you have a paid license you will also be able to execute live trades. Details for connecting to GAIN can be found here.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Gain-Connection-Guide.php

If you have issues in creating this connecting using these instructions, please email support at ninjatrader dot com and they will be able to assist with trouble shooting your connection.

Comment

Thank you John,

I have tried connecting to my Gain account following the instructions provided but no luck.
                    Can you further explain what do you mean by "simulation key"? This may have to do with the connectivity issue. Please advise.

Thanks,
                    solarX

Comment

Hi SolarX:

Thank you for your reply. Please send an email to sales at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post.

Please include in your email your NinjaTrader license key which can be found under Help > License key.

Thanks!

Ryan
                      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                      24 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post spwizard  
                      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM