Pivots mismatch between NT 6.5 and NT 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivots mismatch between NT 6.5 and NT 7

Good morning to you. My installed versions of NT 6.5 and NT 7 seem to be calculating pivots in different ways (pls see files attached). Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks

Regards
    Attached Files

Hello shicuco,

Can you please check if both charts contain the same amount of data and if the Pivots indicators uses the exact same settings in both charts.

Please note that NinjaTrader 7 uses session templates to determine what data is loaded, while NinjaTrader 6.5 uses a session begin and end time.

If you use session begin and end times of 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM in NinjaTrader 6.5, please use the 'Default 24/7' session template in NinjaTrader 7.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason
      Thanks for your prompt answer. In both cases I'm using the default settings for the indicator. With regards to session times, I'm using 0:00 for both begin and end times in 6.5 and Default 24/7 in NT 7. As far as the amount of data is concerned, I've set the 60 min chart to load 90 days of data while NT 7 is only loading 30 days.

Comment

Can you please tell me what time zone is used for the PC clock that runs NinjaTrader 6.5.

Please set the 'Default 24/7' session template to the same time zone. You can change it in the Session Manager at Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. Subsequently create a new chart in NinjaTrader 7 and check if the Pivot values resemble.

I noticed that the sessions in both screenshots are not the same.

Comment

Jason, NT 7 was already set to the same time zone as the PC: (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris. I have checked the session settings in both versions and they seem to be the same. I have created a new 30 m EURUSD chart in NT 7 using the instrument settings template instead of Default 24/7 and the results are the same.

Comment

Can you please ensure the 'Default 24/7' session template is set to the same time zone as well. Or do you already refer to the 'Default 24/7' session template with your sentence below?

"NT 7 was already set to the same time zone as the PC: (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris."

Do both charts use the same vertical session lines? Your screenshots display the vertical session lines at different bars, so a difference in Pivot values can be as expected.

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant: the Default 24/7 template is already set to the same time zone.
              I have checked the vertical lines and they show at 00:00 hours in both versions.

Comment

Can you please check if the vertical lines are located on the exact same bars as well. This is not the case in your screenshots.

If this is still not the case, you will need to modify one of the charts to resemble the same session.

Comment

Ok, I see what you mean. The vertical lines are not drawn on the same bar. Are they not drawn according to the session settings? If they are the same in both versions, how come they look different? Anyway, how can I change that setting in either NT 7 or NT 6.5 to make them look the same?
                  Thanks

Comment

One chart uses a different time zone than the other, otherwise I cannot clarify the difference in vertical session lines if the same times are used.

Am I correct you have each version installed on a different PC? If so, please ensure both PC clocks are using the same time zone.

If this does not work, please set the NinjaTrader 6.5 chart to 23:00 and 23:00 or 1:00 and 1:00.

Comment

Both versions are installed on the same PC. Setting the session time to 23:00 hours in 6.5 solves the alignment issue, so the vertical line is now drawn on the same bar on both versions, but this seems to be a cosmetic change only, not affecting the pivot calculation. I keep getting different numbers on both versions.

Comment

shicuco,

If you manually enter the HLC values to calculate pivots with in both versions, do the results continue to diverge?
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Kyle
                          No. I have entered HLC values manually in both versions and the results are now the same.

Comment

In case the following info could be of any help, please note that HLC values entered are from Friday session. NT 6.5 pivots are the same using both calculation methods: Daily bars and User defined values. But in NT 7 I only get the same pivots as in 6.5 if I enter HLC values manually.

Comment

Can you please tell me what happens if you set it to 'CalcFromIntradayData' in both versions.

Please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                              80 responses
                              5 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Working...
                              X