Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activate automatically OCO Order when selecting an ATM strategy

Hello,

I usually use two ATM strategies that I have created and I use them with OCO order activated. So the question is would it be possible to automatically activate the OCO order when I select any of those two ATM strategies in the SuperDom or the Basic Entry?

Maybe could be any way to save those strategies with the OCO order activated?

Thanks in advance.

Hello IkerCB,

Thank you for your post.

Just to clarify ATM Strategies already incorporate the OCO order functionality. For example, you place an entry order with an ATM Strategy to place a Profit Target & a Stop Loss order once you are filled. If your Stop Loss is hit then the Profit Target will automatically be cancelled; i.e. One Cancels Other.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question ro if you have any other questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip, thanks for your answer.

No, that is not what I wanted to say, I will try to explain with an example.

For example, I send two orders using two different ATM strategies, a Buy Stop order and a Sell Stop order (each strategy with its own Stop Loss and Profit Target)

So now the two orders are placed but still not executed. And this is what I would like to do: When any of those orders is hit, automatically the other will be cancelled.

If I activate OCO Order when I send the two orders (two strategies) it works perfect, but I would want to avoid to activate the OCO Order everytime I send an order with those strategies, I would want to make this automatic.

So my question is, would it be possible to activate automatically the OCO Order when I select any of those strategies in the SuperDom or the Basic Entry?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hello IkerCB

You can accomplish an entry on a breakout/breakdown approach by:
        1. Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
        2. For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
        3. Submit your stop order to buy above the market
        4. For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
        5. Submit your stop order to sell below the market
        6. CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chip,

I want to do what you have explained but I would want to avoid to have to activate the OCO Order everytime I send an order with those strategies.

I would want that when I select any of those strategies in the SuperDom or the Basic Entry automatically activates the OCO Order.

Comment

Hello IkerCB,

Unfortunately this is not supported - you will need to enable 'OCO order' manually each time you like to submit such an order setup.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok Jason, thanks for your time .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM