Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get LSE data from Yahoo?

Hi,

I've just started using NinjaTrader V7 and am struggling to get to grips with it.

I have managed to make a connection to Yahoo. However, I cant seem to find any way of accessing London Stock Exchange data. The only information in it seems to be NYSE.

How can I get the LSE data in NinjaTrader via Yahoo?

Some instructions on how to get the LSE data then search for, say, BP (British Petroleum) for example would be useful.

Thanks.

Hello harryscotter,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
    The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry but I dont understand that:

"Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange"
      I tried this but I get the error "You must set at least one 'Symbol map' value".

I've seen this set of instructions before. Does anyone have and specific instructions for setting up Yahoo LSE data in NinjaTrader?

Comment

Hi harryscotter,

The symbol map is the symbol that Yahoo uses for the instrument. You'll want to open the Misc tab of the editor, scroll down to the Symbol Map section and enter the same symbol next to Yahoo.

Comment

Ok. Thanks Kyle I thinkk i'm getting it now.

One other thing. Do I have to do this for every instrument i'm interested in or can I import a list from somewhere? Given the number of instuments i'd like to see it would take me a long time to add them all in.

Comment

Hi harryscotter,

You could use the procedure outlined at the following link to import multiple instruments simultaneously: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm

Comment

For a list of NYSE NASDAQ and AMEX symbols go here they you can load in Excel and sopy only the first column to enter in a text editor to then import int Ninja

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Board game geek  
              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby