Unable to place orders for EURCAD, EURAUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to place orders for EURCAD, EURAUD

watching 11 forex pairs, use SIM account, also using forex.com Live account, also have iqfeed. Unable to place orders for EURCAD and EURAUD, message popup "Rejected:There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine" All the other pairs (that I watch) seem to be fine in both sim and live...

Hi tworth,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once you have reset the instruments please re-create any windows that are viewing those symbols, save the Market Analyzer.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan - but no luck. I reset the instruments, deleted and recreated all charts and workspaces, double-checked my forex.com / gain account connection. And have done this on two computers. Situation is the same - all pairs fine except EURAUD and EURCAD - Orders "Rejected - no market data available...etc"

What am I missing?

Comment

tworth,

Can you please reset the simulation account. Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Select the "Simulator" tab
        • Press the "Reset" button

Additionally, can you please repair the database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
        • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        • Select the "Misc" tab
        • Press the "Repair DB" button
        • Press the "OK" button

Comment

OK well, I followed all of your last instructions and still was unable to get right click access to chart trader on the two pairs in question, however I was able to place a market order for EURAUD using the order window, which was filled, and after that chart trader seems to function normally for that pair.
          EURCAD is still same status - chart trader orders rejected. I haven't tried a live order using the order window. I would prfer not to give up a few more pips to resolve this until I inderstand what's happening....Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Can you please clarify which data provider you are using, and it should not be necessary to test this with a live trade, just to make sure that we are receiving real-time data for those instruments that corresponds to exchange values.

Comment

Thanks again Ryan,

I'm using a Live Gain_US connection with NT servers selected for historical data. Another observation is that the pair still in question, EURCAD, doesn't seem to refresh - I'm forced to use "reload historical data" each time I view the chart to bring up the recent data.

Comment

tworth,

Based on that information it appears that EURCAD is not receiving data from GAIN. To test this issue I will want to use your GAIN username and password.

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include that GAIN connection information as well as a reference to this thread, and ATTN RyanO.

Comment

email sent, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM