improper reflection of historical data on range bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

improper reflection of historical data on range bars

Hello!I have such problem.When I open a chart with range bars, a chart represents data only for 2 days.I thought that problem with historical data, but appeared it is not.Because data of sentinel chart are represented for all set period correctly.Prompt me, how to do that a chart with range bars was represented for that period which I set.Beforehand I thank you!

Hi kjhkjhkl,

Thank you for your post.

When creating a chart using tick bars, such as a Range chart the bars will only show a limited amount of historical data. Once the chart is open please right click and Select Format Data Series. Please increase the number of days in the Range settings to include more historical data in your chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi kjhkjhkl,

Thank you for your post.

When creating a chart using tick bars, such as a Range chart the bars will only show a limited amount of historical data. Once the chart is open please right click and Select Format Data Series. Please increase the number of days in the Range settings to include more historical data in your chart.
      I increase the number of days, but all remains as before.It does not help.Thus such takes place only on range bars.On sentinel charts this problem decides.Help with range bars.
      Last edited by kjhkjhkl; 10-12-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

kjhkjhkl,

Can you please clarify which data provider, and what instrument you are viewing as well as the number of days you are loading for your range chart.

Additionally, can you please go to Help-->About and please let me know the version of NinjaTrader you are using.

Comment

kjhkjhkl,

Can you please clarify which data provider, and what instrument you are viewing as well as the number of days you are loading for your range chart.

Additionally, can you please go to Help-->About and please let me know the version of NinjaTrader you are using.
          Supplier of data - PFGBEST.com.Number of days - from 4 to 15.Instrument - $EURUSD.Version 6.5.1000.18. Uncorrectly represented only on range bars!

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

Can you please go to the log tab of the Control Center and please see if there are any error messages related to the PFG feed or the chart.

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

Can you please go to the log tab of the Control Center and please see if there are any error messages related to the PFG feed or the chart.
              Errors related to PFG feed or the chart it is not.There are other errors. I placed them in a file.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kjhkjhkl; 10-12-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

Thank you for that clarification.

Since there are no error messages can you please remove, repair and recreate your connection to PFG.
                • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
                • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
                • Restart NinjaTrader
                • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

Thank you for that clarification.

Since there are no error messages can you please remove, repair and recreate your connection to PFG.
                  • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
                  • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
                  • Restart NinjaTrader
                  • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
                  It did not help also!All right, thank you to you for a help.I will work with such reflection of data.

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

That sounds fine but if you would like you can send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your log and trace files. I can then review those diagnostic files for a precise cause of why only two days worth of tick data is loading.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
                    Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Comment

Hi kjhkjhkl,

That sounds fine but if you would like you can send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your log and trace files. I can then review those diagnostic files for a precise cause of why only two days worth of tick data is loading.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
                      Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt
                      Thank you for advice!I tomorrow will contact with this mail and will give these data to them.Thank you for a help!Good-bye.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rtwave
                      by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes