how to save drawings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to save drawings?

If I draw some horizontal lines as support on a chart, and then change to another template, all that work is lost. Is there a way to save what I have drawed except by saving it as an image?

Is there any indicator that draws the S/R for previous highs and lows for you?

Hi highasakite,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Saving your workspace will cause the drawing objects to be saved. To save a workspace, click File > Workspaces > Save Workspace.

2.) The Automatic Trend Line Detection indicator may be what you're looking for. You can download that indicator here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...h=trend&desc=1

To import: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...e.html?Import1
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle. It´s so easy to choose another template and lose it all. Maybe some CTRL Z feature could be added in the future? LIke "go back to the last template in the state it was worked with".

BTW, is there a way to bring up the list of templates with some kind of hot key? I wish there was, and also an icon on the graph for that list. Just like there is for indicators.

Comment

Hello highasakite,

I will forward your suggestion to restore a previous template with its drawing objects to Development and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software. Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately there is no hot key to bring up the available chart templates. You can select chart templates by right clicking in the chart and select 'Templates'-->'Load'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, please forward the suggestion about hot keys and a chart button for the templates too.

Comment

Hi, I was surprised to see my drawings disappear when I returned to a chart I was looking at it. If you make a lot of drawings, it's easy to forget to save and lose everything. Can NT auto-save drawing and autoload them? I've been using StockFinder and got used to this nice feature. Would appreciate if NT could auto-save all drawings, and auto-load them (maybe a simple flag to hide them just in case they're not wanted).

Comment

Hello indra,

Thank you for the feedback.

I will forward this suggestion on to development for further consideration as a future addition to the software.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just moved from another charting software to NT and I am quite surprised that NT doesn't have hot key to apply Templates. It is very hard to do right click and then load template every time. Please facilitate this basic feature as soon as possible.
                Last edited by investpsych; 04-18-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh