Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part filled FX order

Hi,
    I'm trading 30,000 EURUSD in a NT 7 strategy through IB with a limit buy and an SL and have a problem when it is partially filled.

If the order is part filled 20,000, the next 10,000 gets rejected on the limit buy and SL because it is less than the minimum order size of 20,000 and everything gets cancelled and the strategy is terminated.

Is there an easy way out of this problem or is there a way I can stop the second part of the order and continue with the 20,000 for this trade.

Hope you can help.
    Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

Can you please post your log for me to look into this rejection.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.2010051013 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

The reason why I would like to look at the log is I'm not sure why this would occur as the order is originally submitted with 30,000 lot size and is accepted this counts as one order. This order should remain valied if accepted and remain until filled even if it is part filled. If it is part filled and the rest is rejected that does not make since to me as part fills occur all the time. I would need to look into the log to see if this is indeed what is occuring from IB.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred