Market Analyzer reset time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer reset time?

Can someone please outline to me how the session templates work in NT7 Market Analyzer? Regardless of the setting I use, I have seemingly random trades carry over the next day (Australian Time) . Sometimes total profit will carry over and sometimes half trades will carry over making it look like I'm still in a position but a check of the position tab says I'm not. I have tried different templates in an effort to force certain market hours (Like CME for example) but nothing seems to make it behave consistently. I'm using the SIM account in preparation to go live with NT7.

Hello Treggs,

Likely, the session template selected runs across Australian midnight. I suggest to select or create a session template that ends at Austalian midnight. You can create custom session templates in the Session Manager.

Please note that the times reflected as per the session template will use the time zone that is selected in the Session Manager.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, I'll give a custom template a go but I tried a few different ones that ended at US trading close and I had trades carry over on several occasions although it's inconsistent and varies from market to market. Sometimes Ftse trades will carry and sometimes it's commods like oil of gold but rarely do all of my trade totals from all markets carry over. i.e. if I do a gold trade at 3 am (oz time) and a ftse trade at 3 am, one might carry over while the other doesn't. I'm not doing anything fancy in MA, just displaying the standard columns with no filters.

Comment

The gold and ftse likely have different session templates selected. Am I correct you have 'Use instrument settings' selected for 'Session template' in the Market Analyzer Properties menu? If so, it will use the session template that is setup in the Instrument Manager. Highlight an instrument in the Instrument Manager and click Edit to check what session template is selected.

Comment

I'm using 24/7 in the MA properties tab but I have tried various market templates including "Use instrument settings". I currently have some left over totals from last nights trading in ES and GC although I traded 53 or 4 other market last night as well. Regardless of the settings I select I can't make it reset. After studying the trade log I think it's trades that occurred after midnight local time.

Comment

What time zone is selected for the Default 24/7 session template? I suggest to set it to your local time zone and check if this will solve your issue. However it would reflect the trades that occurred after midnight.

Comment

I just tried setting it to local time (Adelaide Aust) and nothing changed. It was set to Eastern US time as default so I would imagine trades should be reset at US trade close?

Comment

Can you please tell me what exactly is carried over to the next day.

I did some tests on my end and columns such as 'ProfitLoss' and 'PositionAvgPrice' still reflect data after the session end time of the session template selected. The end time of session templates will not reset PnL values.

It should be reset on the new day (as per your PC clock). Am I correct you leave NinjaTrader running across midnight? If so, please restart NinjaTrader after midnight and check if the 'ProfitLoss' column is reset.

Comment

Yes I left NT running over midnight (local time) last night and after closer inspection the hung over profit/loss totals are definitely from after midnight trades. If session end doesn't reset the profit/loss values (which is what I thought was happening), what does? Session start? With 24/7 they are the same time...?

Comment

Just tried setting up a custom Session that has session start and finish at 7am local time and that doesn't reset the after midnight trades I have in my MA currently. Clearly I'm missing something obvious and will kick myself when I figure it out no doubt

Comment

Here is what my MA looks like. All settings are default NT7 except a few colour filters on the profit and net change columns.

Comment

Realized PnL will be reset on the new day as per your PC clock. If you run NinjaTrader across midnight, a restart of NinjaTrader might be required. It does not use the session templates.

Now that you restarted NinjaTrader, do the columns only reflect data as per the trades that occurred after midnight? Or did midnight not occur yet as per your time zone?

Comment

So trade log gets reset at midnight local regardless of session template? That makes sense with what I am seeing i.e. trades that haven't reset are after midnight last night. Next local midnight occurs here in 40 min so I will observe to make sure they reset.

Is it possible to change the time that the trade log resets? (instead of midnight local) as I have been trading Eu and US sessions lately and US is usually close or at midnight local so resetting at US close would be better for me.

Comment

Yes, please let me know if it will be reset after midnight. If not initially, please restart NinjaTrader and check again.

You could change your PC clock to reflect US time zone. Please note to change it while NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

Thanks for your help Jason.

A quote I heard a while back seems fitting tonight.

"If you don't make a fool of yourself once a day, you aren't trying hard enough"

Will report here what happens at midnight. Any chance of getting the development team to add an option to change when the trading log resets in NT7 beta 23? Would be convenient for those of us that trade in weird time zones at weird hours. I'll happily test it.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by halgo_boulder, Today, 08:44 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post halgo_boulder  
                              Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                              0 responses