Collapse

Daily chart not showing high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please ignore the GC chart. On SI, I placed an arrow under the 1 min bar at 5 31am arizona time which is 8 31am EST. This is during RTH, and the high part of the range is 24.675.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Unfortunately you time zone calculation is incorrect. Arizona uses US Mountain time, which is 2 hours earlier than US Eastern time. So 5:31 AM MST is excluded as per RTH.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Where you are getting that information? Right now it is 6 54p in arizona, and I googled new york time, 9 54p.

Comment

When I search on Google, it lists Mountain time zone.
          Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

When I check Wikipedia Mountain time zone is listed for Arizona as well.

It does list 'Navajo Nation' as excluded - could it be the machine is located there?

Comment

.Something is incorrect. Please review the following images. Check what time my system tray clock indicates and what time the sites indicate.

The fist image on the left indicates new york time is 9 20am. My sys tray indicates it is 6 20am, But mountain time zone indicates 7 20am.

In the second image, google validates my computer's clock, but mountain time zone is still showing an hour ahead.

Also, why does the 24/7 template not show prices for the 24 hours of a day. If I wanted RTH prices could I not select an RTH template?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by nepenthean; 10-20-2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Could this perhaps be related to the end of daylight savings time in Phoenix - Arizona?

When I check the link below, it lists Mountain time for Phoenix - Arizona and not Pacific time as per your second screenshot.
              Current local time in USA – Arizona – Phoenix. Get Phoenix's weather and area codes, time zone and DST. Explore Phoenix's sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset.

Daily data is loaded starting 6:30 AM and not 5:30 AM. It justifies the daily high as well.

Comment

Arizona does not observe daylight savings time. The link you provided indicates this twice. The screen shots I provided prove irrefutably new york is 3 hours ahead as of the date of data in question. I appreciate your assistance with respect to this problem, but based on what time I know it is here in Arizona and what time I know it is in new york with the fact RTH starts at 8 25am new york time, the high as per my previous post should be included in the daily chart.

Comment

I see, Arizona does not use daylight savings time.

After further investigation, daily data as per the SI is loaded starting 9 AM EST, so it will exclude historical data before that.

By default, the Nymex Metals RTH1 session template is selected for the SI. It uses a starting time of 9 AM EST as well.

Comment

Ok, thanks Jason.

Do you know why SI daily data is loaded starting 9 am EST? If I want 24/7 data, it makes sense my daily chart should load data from the entire day?

Comment

Unfortunately historical daily data is loaded for RTH only - it does not include data outside the regular trading hours.

You could use an interval of 1440 minutes to create bars that contain an entire day.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Where would I indicate 1440 minutes for a the daily chart? Under data series, data, 'days to load' is the only interval I see.

Comment

You would set 'Type' to Minute and enter a value of 1440 next to 'Value' under the 'Period' options.

Comment

Thank you Jason for your consistent help regarding this issue. Is there a way to save this option to the Interval menu?
                            Last edited by nepenthean; 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

You are welcome nepenthean. Yes, please right click in the grid of the Data Series menu and select 'Set Default For Minute Period Type'. Each time you select the minute period type in the Data Series menu, it will automatically list 1440 next to value.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes