Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I manually trade and auto trade with IB at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, you would either need to standalone setups and licenses, or if both accounts can be setup under one login one instance would be able to access both accounts.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So if I get a multi broker license, can I not trade futures with a futures broker on one machine and trade equities with a different broker on a second machine? ( I realize this is a divergence from the previous question) If so, what does the multi broker do?
      Last edited by billr; 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Just a comment. You can use one computer with a live license and as many brokers as you like on another computer with the free license. It's one way to perform research while live trading.

Comment

Bill,

Unfortuanley not, as a license does not entitle you to trade different types of instruments.

It simply enables you to connect to multiple brokers from the same computer. Doesnt matter what they trade. For example you could connect to 5 TDA accounts and 1 IB account and trade stocks on all of them. To do this since your connect to IB would require a multi broker license.

One license if only good for one user and one computer.

You can install NinjaTrader on both PC's. However, You can only use your Live license once at the same time. Using it on both computers at the same time would be a violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA), also most data providers and brokerages only allow you to connect to the connection with only 1 computer.

If you need to use NinjaTrader on both PC's let us know and you can purchase a second NinjaTrader license.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
          The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
          • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
          • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
          • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Alternately you can use the free version of NinjaTrader for charting only and only place live trades on one computer with your live licenses.

Comment

OK. I want to trade the same instrument in two ways. 1) I want to be running an automated strategy at Broker A, account #1; 2) I want to trade same instrument using ATM at broker A, account #2. From same computer. My understanding is that this would be possible even with a single license if the broker would allow two separate accounts with same login. Correct? Problem is I think the broker may require separate login.

Thanks for the comment Jerry1.
            Last edited by billr; 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I asked my broker and he complied ,one login. Mirus

Comment

Thats great Jerry1, thanks. I would like to keep the flexibility of trading equities too with MBT, but Mirus would be my second choice. Good to know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite