alternatives to kinetick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternatives to kinetick?

Alright, I'm soon to be a former gain demo user and am wondering if there is any viable options out there. Ive seen the kinetick feed and all I have to say is that its absolute garbage. A friend just signed up and sent me numerous screenshots, I cant express how much I'm disappointed by how bad the tick data truly is.

What I need is a good feed that gives historical tick data (that's good). So what options are users recommending? I know just like everyone NT is greedy, otherwise they would allow us to keep GAIN demo. There's really no legal reason behind it, they just want money (Yes they own kinetick). I don't mind giving NT money for a feed by any means, but there's no way I'm giving them money for something that's as bad as what their offering.

Firstly the zoom is completely messed up. Your barely capable of zooming out. With Gain I was able to zoom out to about 1.5hrs viewable on a chart (depending on market speed). With Kinetick it appears that you can only view about 20minutes worth of tick data (this is whats displayed on the actual chart, not what you can scroll back and see). Sideways ticks? Really, there's no such thing or shouldn't be. Ticks are meant to change when the price changes up/down not go sideways. Tick charts aren't time based, so similar to renko or other price based charts ticks should only plot when there is a change in price. Here's a photo example of the identical chart setup of gain vs kinetick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ac1d27; 10-17-2010, 09:58 PM.

I should mention that these pics do come from 2 different computers (hence the slight variation in font/time) But they are using the exact same template and that the pixel size is within the 2 pics is reasonably close, or at least close enough to make a comparison.

Comment

Just signed up for Kinetick myself to make the comparison first hand. This is what I get with kinetick.........Nice real nice. The feed itself seems fast and accurate enough but seriously these sideways plotting ticks have to go.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ac1d27; 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

HI,

I missed Gain feed.

Just as I am about to go live after so long looking at Gain feed that they decided to shut down operation.

I am not satisfied with other broker feed and Kinetic. What is wrong when the tick chart just go flat.

Instead of using tick maybe switch to 3sec chart.
        Last edited by torroray; 10-18-2010, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Heres a tick vs 3 sec chart.
          Attached Files

Comment

This may sound rude so I apologize in advance since I don't intend for it. If I wanted to use a second chart I would use one. The data actually doesn't look bad on a second chart. For my trading purposes however I require a tick chart in conjunction with time based charts. Also notice in your example how the tick chart has sideways dashes, the chart I posted first doesn't have these at all. I know this may seem minor in anothers view; but I've spent extensive time with both second and tick charts and they are vastly different in how they plot on a chart. Granted I'm completely picky and anal retentive about aesthetics, but I get easily distracted/annoyed when things aren't the way they should be.
            Last edited by Ac1d27; 10-18-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Hi

Sorry. Dont mean to be rude.

Comment

Hello Ac1d27,

We support other data feed providers as well - you can find a matrix that displays all supported connectivity providers at the link below.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ac1d27,

What Pip setting do you have at "Tools>Options>Data>Quote currencies (FX) in"

You appear to be using a setting of "Pip", when you should be using "Tenth Pip"
                  Kinetick uses a highly granularity for quoting Forex, this makes a huge difference, as seen in the screenshot included.
                  Attached Files
                  TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gain data feed

Hello,
                    If I buy a multibroker licence ninjatrader:

------"Fund a Live GAIN Account
                    Open a live funded trading account at GAIN which includes real time and historical market data. Optionally purchase a live NinjaTrader license for GAIN which will enable you to trade this account."-------

will I have free data feed from gain ? or I have to open a live account to gain and also a multibroker licence?

thank you. Makis.

Comment

You will need to have a live Gain account in order to receive data from Gain.

Comment

Tenth pip isn't setting isn't a viable option unfortunately. I'm surprised that your unable to request to barclay's/fxcm to fix this issue. I understand that you don't provide the feed your just a through put in essence. Since your leasing the feed and I'm paying for it I see no reason that you cant make a request to fix something that is broken. As tick data should only be displayed/plotted upon a new price/tick being hit (meaning no horizontal plotting).

Comment

Hello Ac1d27,

Please note that forex charts are plotted by default using the 'Last' price in NinjaTrader 7. This causes charts to display consecutive ticks at the same price as per real-time data. I suggest to set 'Price based on' to Bid (forex charts were plotted by Bid price in NinjaTrader 6.5). Subsequently, real-time data you receive in 1 Tick charts will not plot consecutive ticks at the same price.

Comment

Thank you for the response, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. Oddly I had GAIN set to last and never received these horizontal ticks while using NT7. I did discover a new issue while messing around with things trying to get kinetick to work. When going to a higher number of ticks, charts simply zoom out. They don't plot in X amount of ticks. So lets say I set my tick chart to a 3 tick interval; they will still plot every 1 tick of movement but are just zoomed out more. The horizontal lines still occur when doing this as well. Below I've provided a screen shot for comparison, take notice of the duration of time held on the chart.
                            Attached Files

Comment

When I test Kinetick on my end in forex 1 tick charts that use bid price, I do not see consecutive ticks at the same price for the real-time data I receive.

It is as expected that when using a higher tick interval, the chart zooms out. The same visible section of the chart will fit more time, since each bar contains more ticks.

If you select a 3 tick interval, each bar represents 3 ticks and not 1 tick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes