Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a target to "a no target order"

Hi Support,

Suppose, I put in a long market order with atm strategy(like stoploss 4 and profittarget 0) for quantity 1, I will be getting a fill with stoploss order but no profit target.

Now suppose after some time, I want to add a target, how do I do that on superdom and also how can I do it on chart trader.

Also if I have 2 quantity in my initial order (with no target), once I get filled how can I place two different profit targets like say one at 5 ticks and another at 10 ticks in superdom and chartrader.

Thanks
    RK
    Last edited by RK_trader; 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM.

After your NinjaScript strategy enters for you via an ATM strategy, you should be able to manually manage all aspects of it through the SuperDOM in the same manner you would manage orders exclusively through the SuperDOM. You should be able to simply modify the ATM Strategy parameters on the bottom of your SuperDOM. I believe the same applies to the Chart Trader. Select the same ATM Strategy template you had executed in your NinjaScript strategy on your chart and press the "..." button to modify the parameters.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for replying back Josh.

Can you please clarify, how I can "add a target" in superdom manually?

I have manually put in an order in superdom with a stop,but without a target. Now, how can I manually add a target say after 5 minutes.

Thanks
      RK

Comment

Right click in SuperDOM while an you have an ATM strategy active and select "Add Target"
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

I tried to click "add target" after I got filled and it is not adding target in superdom. I had the same strategy which was like "active atm strategy 58.."

My initial atm strategy was "stoploss 8 ticks and profittarget 0". I want to first place my orders without targets and just stoploss, and then after I get filled I want to decide on the target and add it. I appreciate your time on this.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Hi:

If you wish to close your position and to my understanding you have a stop loss, but do not have a profit target, submit a limit order on where you wish to exit at a profit.

The limit order will receive a fill and your stop loss will cancel.

Please right click in the SuperDOM and go to Properties and ensure Strategy Selection Mode is set to 'SelectActiveATMStrategyonOrderSubmission'.

Best regards,
            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses