Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

From logging off to back on.....Data is missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From logging off to back on.....Data is missing!

This happens almost every time now.

Say I logg off my NT and then 12 hours later I log back on....well when I reload my charts THERE IS NO DATA for when I was gone. Happens both in NT 7 and 6.5.

Refreshing data does nothing or loading more days....I can't get it.
    Attached Files

Hello nttrader1,

Thank you for your post.

For this item, please clarify the following:

• What version of NinjaTrader are you running? This can be found under Help > About…
    • What data provider are you trying to connect to?
    • Does this take place with any specific instruments or all instruments? If so, please provide an example of one of these instruments.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use NT 6.5 version 17 I use also NT 7 version 22 I connect via VISION only trade ES emini...but also i see not working on 6e, and it just loads data on one bar from where I start NT...and nothign prior....also the option to RELOAD HISTORICAL DATA is grayed out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nttrader1; 10-19-2010, 02:24 AM. Reason: add a picture

Comment

Hello nttrader1,

Can you please disconnect/re-connect to Vision and check if you can reload historical data.

Please check the Control Center-->Log-tab for any error messages that indicate you were disconnected from the historical data server.

If the issue remains, please disconnect from Vision and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data/Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments. Subsequently connect to Vision and check if you can load the requested historical data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi From the LOG it says: "unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (some ip/31654) no such host is known."

Also if i do a reset in the instruments... http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...nouncement.php i'll have to do that again...but since i don't trade those instruments....i guess i can skip it, huh?
          Last edited by nttrader1; 10-19-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Can you please tell me what IP address is listed.

Does the error in the Log-tab occur each time you connect to Vision?

Can you please check for security software on your end that could be blocking the IP address and port in question.

If you do not trade these markets, the instructions are not necessary.

Comment

the ip is: 64.202.118.144 (looks like from chicago) (64.202.118.144/31654)

Comment

Ok, the IP number is correct. Can you please check if it is not blocked on your end along with port 31654.

Comment

Ok...works now....i'm on a slow connection speed and seems to have issues.

Comment

hello, i'm getting the same problem Can't connect to Data server. ...i haven't been able to see and back-historical data on my intraday charts now for a very long time. Perhaps that particular port is blocked....how do i check for it?

Comment

i went to a open port check tool and typed in the IP and port and it said: Port 31654 is closed on 64.202.118.144.

So what can i do now?

Comment

Which exact NT version would you be working on now? (Help > About). If you can't access the port I suggest to add a filter rule to your hard / software firewall and then retry accessing the data server.
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                          Which exact NT version would you be working on now? (Help > About). If you can't access the port I suggest to add a filter rule to your hard / software firewall and then retry accessing the data server.

Hello, i use the very lastest....v. 7.oo.6

i use comodo internet security...i also tried totally disabling the firewall and didn't work

Comment

Thanks - please contact us via Help > Mail to Support so we could review your diagnostic trace / log files for this issue.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

email of log sent

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              Thanks - please contact us via Help > Mail to Support so we could review your diagnostic trace / log files for this issue.

Ok the support email was sent out 2 days ago...thanks..hope to receive something and sort this out...thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920