cannot trade (simtrade) some commodities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot trade (simtrade) some commodities

I am unable to sim trad miniwheat (YW), minisoy (YK), and minicorn(YC). I have tried during trading hours. I have tried reseting itruments under Tools/Options/Misc/ tab. I have tried with data from Barchart and Trading Technologies. Any ideas? This has also happened with a few other instruments.

Thanks

Emmett

Hello Emmett,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

To begin please check the attached screenshots for YK & YW to make sure your settings for BarChart.com are correct.

Let me know if this works or if this issue persists.

Thank you,
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is what i have. I don't see anything out of order except the point value. I try to change from 1.00 to 1.25 but it does not save. Reverts back to 1 when i hit ok.

I was using Barchart to sim trade and learn the system but i will be using TT for executing trades. I see that there is no Symbol given for TT on several of these. I am having the same problem with several other symbols. For each i have verified that the month and year are correct.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help
      Attached Files

Comment

no updates

This might be related, but I am also not able to see updates (profit and loss) for simtrades that i have already made. Here are the ones that currently don't work. QG12-10, SB03-11, YG12-10, HG03-11, CC03-11. YG and HG have worked on previous trades.

Thanks

Emmett

Comment

Hello,

What data feed provider are you currently connected too? If its TT first or just TT you will need to have symbol mappsing for these instruments for TT. This is most likely a symbol mapping issue.

Add XW as the symbol map for TT for Mini Wheat.

As found at the TT product database: http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/p...b/Default.aspx

This is a very non liquid and not very trading instrument this is why the mapping is not setup by default fully.

Add this to the symbol map for TT under the Intrument Manager->ZW->Edit Button->Misc tab.

XW|0.01|CBOT

It is the same procedure for the other instruments. Use the TT product database to find the symbol mapping needed to TT. Then what I did was just copy the symbol mappings for the large contract so I took the settings for the Wheat futures ZW and copied them over to the Mini, only changing the symbol in the symbol map to be the Mini contract symbol for TT.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

new error message

Attached is the error message i get. 'No Market Data...'

I see the data in the DOM and I see the activity.

Thanks for the help

Emmett
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

It looks like this instrument does not have enough activity on it to drive the simulation engine. There is barely any trading going on here. We are getting a price feed but there really nothing going on.

If you check out the following website:

There was barely 196 trades made today. Compared to the ES's 1,825,593 contracts traded today.

Dont think you will be able to trade this contract on the simulator as it is simply not liquid enough.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I understand not being able to sim trade because the simulator times out before a trade is matched. I even increased the amount of time to wait for a trade. However a larger problem is trying to get the following products to work with TT

CC, E7, HG, KC, QG , QH, QM, QU, SB, SI, TF, YG, YI, YK

I have downloaded the TT product database and tried to match the symbols but they are still not working. Once i have updated the Instrument manager, do i have to restart the program for it to take effect? I am updating the instrument, reloading to my 'default' list, closing the instrument manager and opening a a new static DOM. This isn't working. Any ideas?

I have verified with my broker that i am able to trade these products.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I suggest that I call you to help you figure out the symbol mappings. NinjaTrader has setup all the popular futures contracts already however these are not popular futures contracts that possibly hav eno volume that very few trade, therefor there mapping is not setup by default. The instrument mapping needs to played with to get the right symbol mapping for your broker. I would need to do this remotely with your connection in this case.

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and include your phone number and reference this forum post and a good time for me to call you.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB