Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem speed downloading Historical Data

Hi,

I have a daily routine downloading all data for the instruments I'm interested in, via the Historical Data Manager, this works perfect, takes about 5 min a day for 20 instruments. Meaning all that data is on my PC available.

When I connect to IB and open a MarketAnalyzer to give me for 12 Forex instruments with lookback of 365 bars NT is not looking at the data available but in stead is going to put in requests for ALL instruments at the same time with IB. This of course will give a colourfull Log tab for that day. Mainly green lines stating IB has a limit for historical data requests. Even better: NT is then screwing with storing the data????!!! Meaning values belonging to instrument A are stored at instrument B.

Can someone explain why NT is not using the data stored on the computer in Market Analyzer, it seem to do this within charts, or not?

Clint, the Market Analyzer would not use the locally stored data - it would load data currently needed in the memory only, if you're on limited historical data connection (as IB in this case) the outcome is unfortunately that would run into the pacing violations - you would need to look into reducing the data requested (shorter lookback, removing all unneeded tickers from TWS as well, checking for hidden NT workspaces that would still pull data 'silently').
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes