Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader

I have noticed that when I enter trades the chart trader sometimes places the markers on the wrong candle.
    This is frustrating as I want to exactly when actions take place.
    Is this a bug or a setting I cannot find any detail around this.
    I have attached a Picture with example. Some of the markers in mind air because they were triggered on another candle.

Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Files

darkhorse, can you please retry with a synched up PC clock? This would be used as reference to stamp the incoming executions.

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry I am confused not sure how to sync my PC clock.
      I am not sure this would be the issue as sometimes the executions are correct.

Comment

Which data feed and chart type are you using in testing?

You can normally sync the PC clock by going to your time section in the lower right side on the Windows taskbar, right click on it and select to 'adjust Date & Time' and then go to the Internet Time tab to sync the clock up with one of the offered servers, after this step, please reboot fresh.

Comment

My Data Feed is Zenfire. By Chart type not 100% what you mean here I use Tick charts on SP500 Emini future and Euro Stoxx 50 Emini. Also Euro Currency Future Chart.

I have updated my Time Sync as well thanks for the Tip will test again later.

Comment

Ok, please report back how it goes, tick based charts could have more than one bar for the time stamp we assign to the execution you got, so if you for example reload a chart the execution marker would move to the first bar that satisfied the timestamp - this is expected behavior then.

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_Bertrand.
              That makes sense kind of so the execution markers are placed based on every Minute? Second? Millisecond?. If its every minute and 5 candles are painted the marker could be 5 candles.
              Having looked at a couple of examples it looks like its every minute. This means it can be very inaccurate. Are there any suggestions to improve this?

Comment

darkhorse,

The timestamps are plotted to the second in the case of a tick-interval chart.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok then in that case the local PC time will have nothing to do with this issue. because if things are plotted from my PC time for example 60 secs late the candles will be painted 60secs late therefore the execution markings will be in right places just 60 secs late.
                  Also after speaking to other users they have never had the discrepancy between the position of candles and Execution markings something else is at play here.

Comment

The local PC time is still relevant - the executions are stamped according to this clock, while ZenFire data is natively stamped.

Comment

Yes I understand but my PC clock will not cause the markers to be in wrong place. Because if the markers are incorrect the candles will incorrect as well effectively putting them in the right place. Also Traders often change their PC clocks to represent a particular Time Zone this does not impact the markers.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse View Post
                        Yes I understand but my PC clock will not cause the markers to be in wrong place. Because if the markers are incorrect the candles will incorrect as well effectively putting them in the right place. Also Traders often change their PC clocks to represent a particular Time Zone this does not impact the markers.
                        Unfortunately your assumption is not correct here - the candles are build using native timestamps while the markers use the local clock as reference, thus an incorrect PC clock can and will affect their placement on natively stamped bars.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                          Unfortunately your assumption is not correct here - the candles are build using native timestamps while the markers use the local clock as reference, thus an incorrect PC clock can and will affect their placement on natively stamped bars.
                          Ok that makes sense. How does Native timestamping handle Different Timezones, ie how does it know that I placed trade at 15:00 New Zealand Time and not 16:00 Australian Time?
                          There must be some communication to sync this process.

Comment

This will be handled by the .NET framework automatically that NinjaTrader runs on - as reference it would use the local set timezone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post trilliantrader  
                            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes