Auto Chart Scroll Stops Ocassionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Alfred,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any chance for a fix on this problem...??....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Thanks as usual. Please don't forget that we will not change NT6.5 behavior shortly before release. Thus, usability changes "only" could make it into NT7 (beta end of this year).
      Any chance for a fix on this problem...?? .....It is very easy to often accidentally move a chart to the right when highlighting or moving graphic objects and therefore kill the live update of the chart......one should not have to continually monitor whether a chart is updating correctly...

If one corrects charts to get them updating again say a fairly conservative 10 to 15 times a day...at 250 trading days per year this would be around 2500 to 3750 manual corrections per year to get a chart updating correctly again....

Thanks...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

It is on the list of future considerations. Unfortunately I am not sure if and when it will be included.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Support team,

Last week I accidentally moved my chart to the right while I had a position open and I didn't notice that a winner became a loser and ended up hitting the stop loss. I think it is not fair that people have been asking for a way to prevent this accidental stop of auto-scrolling for 12 years now and still it is an issue with NT8. Is it done like that on purpose to make us lose money accidentally?
          All we are asking for is a button on the top bar of the charts that once pressed or activated the charts wouldn't move back and forth the way they do. That is all. How is it possible that we are not being listened on this?
          Even Metatrader 4 which is a completely free platform has it. I paid $1,000 for this platform because it is supposedly the professional way to go and I have been trying to prevent this stopping of auto-scrolling for days without finding any information about it or any way to do it.
          Please help us, but not in 10 years, please do it now. We are the clients asking for a feature that is necessary to trade correctly and stress-free.
          On the other hand, my apologies if it is already built-in and it is me the one who has been failing at finding it, but please tell me how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ivangil View Post
            Dear Support team,

Last week I accidentally moved my chart to the right while I had a position open and I didn't notice that a winner became a loser and ended up hitting the stop loss. I think it is not fair that people have been asking for a way to prevent this accidental stop of auto-scrolling for 12 years now and still it is an issue with NT8. Is it done like that on purpose to make us lose money accidentally?
            All we are asking for is a button on the top bar of the charts that once pressed or activated the charts wouldn't move back and forth the way they do. That is all. How is it possible that we are not being listened on this?
            Even Metatrader 4 which is a completely free platform has it. I paid $1,000 for this platform because it is supposedly the professional way to go and I have been trying to prevent this stopping of auto-scrolling for days without finding any information about it or any way to do it.
            Please help us, but not in 10 years, please do it now. We are the clients asking for a feature that is necessary to trade correctly and stress-free.
            On the other hand, my apologies if it is already built-in and it is me the one who has been failing at finding it, but please tell me how to do it.
            I can tell you how this problem can be solved....step 1 would be automatic that when ever the last bar on chart is less than the user set right margin for what ever reason....this would trigger an instant reversal similar to hitting End manually. Step 2 would then be a way to scroll or drag the chart to the right without triggering the auto reversal noted.....perhaps initiated by hitting a Shift / Left Arrow hot key....
            Last edited by Alfred; 10-27-2019, 08:54 PM. Reason: fix something

Comment

Hello ivangil,

Thank you for your note. I do apologize for any frustration. What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you currently running?

Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
              1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
              2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
              3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
              4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
              Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post

I can tell you how this problem can be solved....step 1 would be automatic that whenever the last bar on the chart is less than the user set right margin for whatever reason....this would trigger an instant reversal similar to hitting End manually. Step 2 would then be a way to scroll or drag the chart to the right without triggering the auto reversal noted.....perhaps initiated by hitting a Shift / Left Arrow hotkey....
                Thank you, Alfred, for your response. Are you suggesting me to write a strategy for that? I have been writing simple strategies, mostly using the strategy builder and then polishing them in the editor, but I am not sure that I would be able to do something as advanced as the one you are suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ivangil View Post

Thank you, Alfred, for your response. Are you suggesting me to write a strategy for that? I have been writing simple strategies, mostly using the strategy builder and then polishing them in the editor, but I am not sure that I would be able to do something as advanced as the one you are suggesting.
                  Hi....am suggesting a new indicator for the problem...I have contacted a Ninja programmer about this idea....will let you know how it shakes out....probably in a week or 2....

Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
                    Hello ivangil,

Thank you for your note. I do apologize for any frustration. What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you currently running?

Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
                    1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
                    2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
                    4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
                    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                    Thank you, Chris, for your answer,

Although I don't see the relation between my problem and your suggested solution, still I did everything you said and after restarting NT8 I keep having the same issue. You can see it happening here:

After some minutes it hit the stop loss, turning a winning trade into a loser. Thank God, this time it was in a simulated account. You can see the result here:

I don't think that I have a problem with my installation or settings of NT8, I am just experiencing something has been an issue in Ninja Trader for 12 years, and for some reason you don't want to implement a solution. People have been asking you to please put a button at the top of the charts, that once activated it will auto-scroll the chart to the last bar as soon as a new tick happens, even if I moved the chart to the right.

That would prevent people from losing money because they are not seeing the changes on the chart. We, the ones using Renko bars are more prompt to be deceived by this issue because we are used to seeing the same bar without changes for a long time, so we do not notice when the auto-scroll function got disconnected by us accidentally, for example drawing or updating a trending line on the chart.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, here there is a picture of that button on MT5:

Please let me know if something like that has already been included on an update for NT8 and how can I make it work. If not, please help me develop a solution as part of a strategy that I can attach to my charts when I am operating in my live account.

Regarding my version of NT8, it says "Version 8.0.19.0 64-bit"

By the way, I paid for the lifetime subscription and still in the "about" box it says that my NT license type is "Regular", shouldn't it say something different?

Best Regards,

Ivan Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post

Hi....am suggesting a new indicator for the problem...I have contacted a Ninja programmer about this idea....will let you know how it shakes out....probably in a week or 2....

Thanks....
                      That would be really nice Alfred, thank you, and please let me know when you get an answer about that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Brevo