NT starting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT starting up

I have a nnCron scheduler which automatically launches NT at the beginning of the trading day; today, as usual, I immediately got this message :

"error - Unable to open trace file "NinjaTrader 6\trace\trace.20070928.txt: could not find a part of the path 'C:\NinjaTrader 6\trace\trace.20070528.txt'

in the Windows Task Manager, I checked out that NinjaTrader.exe appeared to be executing;
    back to the error window, I clicked over OK button and subsequently got this message :

"NinjaTrader requires a valid license key to start, do you wish to enter one now ?"; I clicked over YES button, the window disappeared and nothing else happened.

back to the Windows Task Manager, I saw the NinjaTrader.exe process carrying on for 15 seconds then disappearing as well.

I then launched NT from the Windows Quick Launch Bar and everything went right.

I must add that at the end of every trading day, nnCron terminates NinjaTrader execution then powers my PC off without any issue.

Is there a way I could solve that trace file problem ?

Apparently the user environment is not set since <my documents> is not referenced. Not sure if this ever would be possible with Windows but you need to make sure the job is run similar to a "regular user".

Comment

I set the environment path to "My Documents..." which solved the problem. Thank you for your diagnosis.
      Gérard

Comment

Be forewarned: This might not be the only problem you'll experience. We do only support running NT as regular user and not as started by a cron job.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH