Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User help needed

Greetings:

I'm new to NinjaTrader and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. How do I set NinjaTrader to scan the U.S. Equities Markets for trade ideas based on stochastics indicator, either oversold or overbought? Thanks!

Hello almighty1,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

For what you are describing you can use the Market Analyzer feature in NinjaTrader. I have included the following resources & references regarding this tool as well as how to add indicators & alerts.

For Creating a Market Analyzer Window: From the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu File-->New-->Market Analyzer...

Market Analyzer Overview:

Creating Filter Conditions:

Standard Indicators are available from the Columns menu. You can then set the alert criteria once you add an indicator.

Dynamic Ranking and Sorting:

For setting up custom alerts in the Market Analyzer window, please check out the following:
    Working with Alerts and Filters:

For Market Analyzer Templates:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello almighty1,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

For what you are describing you can use the Market Analyzer feature in NinjaTrader. I have included the following resources & references regarding this tool as well as how to add indicators & alerts.

For Creating a Market Analyzer Window: From the NinjaTrader Control Center window, select the menu File-->New-->Market Analyzer...

Market Analyzer Overview:

Creating Filter Conditions:

Standard Indicators are available from the Columns menu. You can then set the alert criteria once you add an indicator.

Dynamic Ranking and Sorting:

For setting up custom alerts in the Market Analyzer window, please check out the following:
      Working with Alerts and Filters:

For Market Analyzer Templates:

Hi Chip
      I want to set up an alert so that when my strategy triggers an entry either live or sim I am audibly notified. Thanks for any help.
      Jerry

Comment

Thanks Chip for your reply. I figured it had something to do with the analyzer. I think the questions are as follows:

For the instrument list, is there a way to generate a list of all securities on the NYSE and NASDAQ without having to type them all in manually.

As far as the filter conditions, I don't see anything for the Stochastics Momentum Indicator.

Are them sample Market Analyzer templates available? Thanks!

Cheers,
        Almighty1

Comment

Hello Jerry,

In that case you will want to check out the following that will provide examples & help resources for accomplishing this alter mechanism in NinjaScript:
          You can search for similar-type alter scripts in our NinjaScript File Sharing:

For coding this on your own (inserting script into your strategy code):
          NinjaScript Development Support:

NinjaScript Educational Resources:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Comment

Hello almighty,

NinjaTrader comes with a few preconfigured equities lists; DOW 30, NASDAQ 100, & S&P 500. However you can also create your own symbols lists & then import them into NinjaTrader by following these steps.

Preconfigured Market Analyzer templates are not available but you can check out this link from our Help Guide that details how to create, save, & edit these:

Comment

Hello Chip:

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I know NT comes with preconfigured equities list of the DOW 30,
              NASDAQ 100, S&P 500 except those don't include all the equities trading in the U.S. and while I know one can create their own symbol list, that will be difficult as typing in every equity since there are atleast 5,000 if not more is going to be very time consuming. Also, remember I am trying to get NT to scan all the equities in the U.S. market and then spit out the results so I wouldn't actually know what the symbols I want until after the stochastics results is outputted. I saw the Market Analyzer templates in the help guide except how does one do the columns so that it is based on Stochastics as that is not in the indicator list.

Cheers,
              Almighty1

Comment

Hello

You shouldn’t have to type in all the symbols manually. If you can download the symbol into Excel and then write/apply a macro to reformat for import this would save a huge amount of time; definitely worth looking into.

For applying a custom indicator to the Market Analyzer it is the same as applying a custom indicator to a chart. First you import the compiled script & then just add it in its own column in the MA window. Next save it as a custom template. Then to scan & sort you can reference the links I posted earlier.

Comment

Hello Chip:

I think the problem is being able to find a list of all the equities trading in the U.S. Market and their symbols before either downloading or cut/pasting them into Excel. I noticed others were asking about the list too so maybe it can be done as a joint effort between NT users.

I thought NT already came with the Stochastics indicator except it's just not in the Market Analyzer columns list. So is there anyway to use the one built-in to NT?

Cheers,
                  Vince
                  Vincent Poy, Ph.D. - Astrophysics

Comment

All the default indicators are available to add to the Market Analyzer window; including stochastics. This section of the Help Guide provides detail on adding these columns/studies & also shows how to create filter conditions:

For locating & downloading stock symbol lists you can check with your data provider to see what they offer. You can also check Yahoo &/or Google Finance and use their sector, index, & criteria scanner lists. These usually have an option to download either in .txt or Excel format.

Comment

Thanks Chip.

I tried looking into the Help Guide and when I click on columns after right clicking in the Market Analyzer Window and then indicator in the top box of the columns window, I couldn't see where to select or use the default indicators as the Help Guide didn't really cover that specifically.

Thanks for the suggestion on the stock symbol lists.

Cheers,
                      Almighty1

Comment

Hello

When adding an indicator to a Market Analyzer window you will right-click select “columns…”. Then select “Indicator” & double click to add. Here you will edit the indicator in the right-hand portion of the dialog using the drop-down to expand the list. See screenshot
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chip, I figured that part a few minutes before you replied. How does one see the stochastics chart or any chart for that matter in Market Analyzer?

Comment

Hello

The Market Analyzer is not used for charting. You would implement the stochatics indicator in the MA window & then configure your alert conditions based on the indicator’s output/values; whatever threshold you believed to be significant.

Comment

Thanks Chip. Normally, what people do after screening for stocks based on stochastics (either daily, weekly, or monthly), is that they look at the chart that shows the stochastics for that security to see exactly what the graph looks like to determine if it is going up or down compared to what it did previously.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AveryFlynn  
                              Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn